Fate

Finding perfect souls to fall in love with each other is the best thing to do in the world. The most amazing thing I've ever felt is seeing everyone genuinely happy with their soulmates. Seeing people with joy is considered as my achievement.

The world is so beautiful when it is full of love. I can't picture a world without love in it. It has the ability to make people laugh, cry, smile, and bewilder.

As I watch everyone being in love, I also asked myself.

"When will I be in love?"

My first response was, "I have no idea." I don't know when will I fall in love or will I still be able to love.

Am I destined to be with someone?

Will I be able to feel butterflies in my stomach?

Will I be able to hold someone's hand and feel the warmth of it?

Apart from being in love, one of the things on my mind right now is my impending retirement. Who will take over my position? Who wants to spend their days searching for someone else's soulmate?

When I met her, I had all of my questions answered.

Only the swish of the wind and the sound of the birds could be heard from a bench where I was seated.

A young lady approached me unexpectedly. Her hair was disheveled, and I could see sweat streaming down her face as she is catching her breath.

"Are you Cupid?" she asked.

I answered her and said yes. She carefully wiped her sweat and smiled widely at me.

"I came here to tell you that I am interested to take over your job" she proudly said.

I was taken aback at first, but who am I to refuse?

I'm still in shock, but I was able to talk to her and get to know her for a short time. After some time, I told her she needed to be trained.

We arranged to see each other the next day.

This girl is not hard to train. I simply told her once what she needed to do, then she immediately understood.

Many more days passed after that day that we spent together. I didn't realize that I was having so much fun with her. I was always excited whenever I train her.

I was constantly looking forward to meeting her and hearing her beautiful voice, which was like music to my ears.

I love the vanilla scent of her disheveled hair.

The best days of my life were spent with her.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach whenever my hand glided across her soft hands.

I couldn't take my gaze away from her gorgeous brown eyes. Her small face was complemented by her heart-shaped lips.

I notice that every time we meet, I can't help but compliment her.

My heart races when she's around.

I wasn't like this before...

I think I like her...

No, I love her.

***

I am here again.

This is where I first met her.

The atmosphere is still the same, and everything is as silent as before.

Only the swish of the wind and my breathing could be heard.

I still remember how I made the most difficult decision I have ever had to make in my entire life.

And that decision was to let her go.

I never imagined that finding someone else's soulmate would be easier than deciding whether or not to let go the one you love.

I'm well aware of her desire to be a cupid.

So, I simply kept my feelings for her to myself.

The last day of the training came.

Long shadows were cast on the ground by the setting sun. The setting sun's slanting rays tinted the sky a warm orange. The sky was ablaze with its radiance.

She was standing next to me, we're both staring at the beautiful sky.

She began to say her farewells.

It was painful but I didn't managed to shed even a single tear. She was so happy and I don't want to ruin the moment.

I locked my gaze on her lovely face for the last time. I made sure that I will remember how she sounded when she talk. I made sure that I will remember how bright her smile is.

As the night drew to a close, she stood up.

She thanked me and smiled as she walked away.

I knew she was happy as she walked away because she had achieved her goal -- being cupid.

That made me happy too.

Even though I didn't tell her how I felt, I knew that she'd make a lot of people happy. She would make a lot of hearts happy.

In the end, I'll be regretful for all the chances I didn't take with her. I'll be sorry for all the moments I squandered. I'll be sorry for hiding my emotions from her so many times.

Being with the person you love, however, is not the only thing that love entails.

It is also about sacrifices.

Sacrificing for someone else's dream.

For their happiness.

It was the right person at the wrong time. The correct script, the incorrect line. The correct poem, the incorrect rhyme, and a piece of her were never mine.