Vagrant

I take a look around while waiting for my ride home. Crowds of pedestrians, shoppers, and others can be seen walking along the sidewalks in front of the stores or attempting to cross the street. The sound of cars and taxis honking, as well as scooters flying by, is deafening. I saw an old man standing near the Jollibee, holding a can, and begging for money. I felt sad when I looked at him, so I inserted my hand on my pocket but unfortunately, I don't have any coins left to give. I smiled sadly while looking at him. Everyone who passed by would simply stare at him. No one dared to lend a single penny in the can. For someone like him, a single penny is already a large amount of money.

His skin is as dark as the smoke of the vehicles. His hair was disheveled and his clothes were torn. I can see his eyes begging for help. Hunger is painted on his face. I opened my bag and took out the biscuit that Mama would always give me. I also took my water jug out of my bag. I walked over to him and handed him the food. His face was suffused with happiness. When he looked at the food, his eyes shone. He expressed his gratitude and began to eat. I gave him a teary-eyed smile.

When my ride arrived, I turned my back from him. As the car moved slowly, I looked at him and was surprised to see that he was also looking at me. He waved his hand and mouthed 'thank you'. My heart melted at that scene. I can't imagine how difficult his life must have been on the road, begging for money and food. I wish everyone would pitch in and help them in any way they can. If you don't have a rich heart, no matter how wealthy you are, wealth is an ugly beggar.