Chapter Nine ☽︎ They Have No F*cking Idea

TW: R*PE

"I know that the whole point "the only point" is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to let them go."
-- Unknown

H U D S O N

I think I fucked up.

I also think I might be kicked off the team.

The video on the screen shows me in a fight with a bartender who claims I fucked his sister and broke her heart. The video goes further to show that more chicks got in the fight. Conclusion? It was a shit show. And Genevieve left me right before it started. Lesson? Never trust a woman in a bar.

Problem? The Team Manager, Coach Mike and two NHL officials are staring at me like I killed their dog.

"So, what cocky explanation do you have now?" Manager Andrade faces me with a pointed look.

"Cocky? Is that what you think of me?" I growl. "I like to fuck, where's the problem in that?" I'm fuming right now. "And I don't remember forcing anyone to do anything!" I yell.

"And then what? You forget their names afterwards?" Andrade is clearly pushing my buttons.

"Come on, we're all men here, I'm I supposed to remember the name of every girl I fuck?" I laugh, a disbelieving sound following afterwards.

"But that seems to be the problem," Coach Mike sighs. "Look, this scandal is a mess,"

"Scandal?" I raise my brows in disbelief.

"Yes, you'd be benched until we figure something out," He says and I nod my head in anger.

"And all of you are in on this?"

"Until we figure out how to fix this, because you clearly don't know how to," One of the NHL officials sighs.

"Wow, I can't fucking believe this," I laugh bitterly.

"Please step out," Andrade shows me to the door and I do as he says. I step out.

I'm pondering on what just happened when I see a familiar pair of legs. I look up to its owner and like always, my heart thunders in my chest.

Kimmie.

"Everything okay?" She asks, and my eyes focused on her plump lush pink lips.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be benched for a while, but everything's fine," I manage a grin, but I know she sees right through me. When she doesn't say a word, I sigh, "I'll head to the locker rooms," I say and she nods.

And with my thundering heart, I walk away from her piercing gaze as fast as possible.

The familiar chatter of grown-ass pro hockey players filter into my ears as I approach the locker room. As soon as they spot me, the chattering stops.

"What happened man?" T asks before anyone else.

"I'm benched till further notice," I manage a grin, tuning them out so I don't have to hear their various responses and reactions.

I change out of my hockey gear, ignoring all the "oh shit"s and "sorry"s they're probably telling me. And then I head out.

Heading to my car, I spot Aaron with Kimmie, who carries an excited Junior as Aaron makes funny faces.

"He is one cute baby," T interrupts.

"Yeah he is," I mumble.

"And she is one smoking hot lady," T says and take another look at Kimmie. She giggles as Aaron takes Junior from her and I quickly go back to trying to get my car door open.