EPILOGUE: suicide squad II: the remix

Chaeyoung can barely hear her own thoughts through the screaming crowd of students, but she still tries to be the loudest. Now that soccer season has officially begun, Jeongyeon's team is on a winning streak, with Jeongyeon as the lead. Three months ago, Chae would've been embarrassed to admit that she's been to every single one, but now she's a proud soccer girlfriend (as Dahyun calls it). Chaeyoung even bought a school jersey and wrote 'Yoo Can Do It' in the back with Jeongyeon's mom before the game. She's down bad. 'You know that's an innuendo, right?' Nayeon had said when she texted her a pic of the shirt, and she had blushed so hard Jeongyeon's mom asked if she wanted some water.

And sure, she might still not understand how it works exactly, but she still screams her lungs out when her girlfriend scores.

"GOAL! THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND! SHE SCORED! YOO JEONGYEON!"

Nayeon winces next to her. "Girl, we get it."

"Dude, pretty sure people in the Grand Canyon can hear you," Tzuyu shakes her head, finger inside her ear to unclog it.

"Sorry," Chaeyoung giggles nervously, thinking that she must look like such a dork with the school's colors painted on her cheeks. "I'm just really excited. Jeong's been so nervous about this game."

Mina smiles at her. "I think it's cute."

At least someone in this group is romantic.

"You think everything is cute," Nayeon says, a teasing smirk on her lips.

Mina raises an eyebrow. "Hm. Maybe I should stop calling you cute, then."

"Noooo," Nayeon whines, burying her face on Mina's neck and planting teasing kisses there, which make Mina start giggling. "Please call me cute."

"Fine," she agrees, and Nayeon steps away to place her chin on Mina's shoulder with a smile.

"Momo mentioned that Jeongyeon was more nervous than usual..." Tzuyu nods, looking down at where the cheerleaders are sitting, and catching Momo's eye. They smile at each other, and Tzuyu waves.

"That big College scouter is here," Chaeyoung nods. "I don't know who he is, but she better get the stupid scholarship."

"She will," Nayeon reassures her, watching the game closely from Mina's shoulder. Chaeyoung thinks it's a good strategy to keep warm from the cold too. "She's been keeping straight As and she stays up all night studying. I would know, I been staying at her house for three months."

Chaeyoung nods. "I know, it just makes me nervous. Plus I'll be graduating next year, and that College has the best Art department in Korea..." she drifts off, not really wanting to think about college just yet. "How's the living at Jeongyeon's going?"

"Great, actually," Nayeon nods. "I mean, I haven't spoken to my mother in weeks, but..." she shrugs. "Jeongyeon keeps me on my toes. Yesterday she made me dust off the attic. It was hell."

"Heh," she chuckles. "That sounds like her."

Tzuyu hums, interrupting their small conversation. "Half-time should start soon, is everyone ready?"

"Oh!" Mina says, hurrying to grab the sign resting on the floor next to her feet and bring them closer to her. "I have them ready."

"Great."

Shortly after, the sun is setting as the referee announces it's half-time already. Chaeyoung looks at her phone to a text of Dahyun and places a hand on her lips to stifle her giggle.

thing 1 (dahyun): i think i'm gonna throw up. like projectile vomit

chaeyoung minaj: this is like one of your best and worst ideas ever. simultaneously the least and most dahyun thing ever. i love it