An interesting phonecall

This chapter includes : a biiiig discovery, lying, small panicking.

Ranboo POV

We arrived at my favorite place in the world. Tubbo's place. I was exhausted after my anxiety attack, so when me and Tubbo got up to his room, I lied down on his bed. I would probably have fallen asleep if Tommy hadn't come in.

"Want to play a game?"
Tubbo looked at me. I was tired, but I wouldn't turn the chance to win a game down, so I nodded.

"Sure! Which game?"
"Hm.. Ranboo sucks at Ludo."
"No, I don't!"
"Yes you do, we're playing Ludo."

I was green, Tubbo yellow and Tommy red. In the start, it went horrible for me, but it soon changed and I won.

"You said I sucked at Ludo! Who sucks now?" I teased Tommy, who lost.
"Tubbo also lost!" He argued.
"You lost most!" Tubbo argued back.
"Are we going to eat soon?" I asked, stopping their argument.

"I don't know, I'll go ask Dad." Tommy replied.

We put the game back to its place and just sat on the floor.

"We're eating now!" Tommy yelled to us.
"Great!" We said together.
We walked down the stairs, laughing.

We sat down at the table, and started eating. I hadn't realized how hungry I was.

While eating, Tommy told us about his day, but I noticed that Phil kept glancing at me, every once in a while, worried. I wondered what it was about. Then I remembered.

He was probably confused by my sudden attack. It was the first time I had one of those in the company of him.

"Ranboo, do you know why your anxiety triggered earlier?" He asked me when Tommy stopped talking.
"No.. I've had these sudden attacks for a while.." I replied truthfully.
"Does your parents know?"

...

My father didn't. If I got a sudden attack, I would stay in my room until I had calmed down a little. I had told my mother and she was a bit worried, but explained it as an effect of the divorce.

"Uhm, yeah.."

When we were done eating, me and Tubbo went upstairs again. We sat down on the bed, Tubbo glancing concerned at me.

"Does your parents actually know?" He asked me.
"My mother does.." I couldn't see a reason to lie to him.
"What about your father?"
"He doesn't notice, he's hardly ever there.."
"So it's just you and your mom?"

Shit, what should I say?

"Yeah, but she's not home that much either.."
"So you're home alone?"
"Most of the time, yeah.."

"Ranboo.. are you alright at home.?"

I just nodded. I couldn't tell him about the yelling. I just couldn't.

———/——

It was evening, I was on my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, when I heard a voice from downstairs. It was Phil. He was probably talking on the phone.

"I wondered if you know why he has these sudden attacks?"

Was he talking about.. me?

I couldn't help myself but listen to his conversation.

3rd person POV

Phil stood in the kitchen, looking for a contact on his phone.

Mrs Julia Ender/Ranboo's mother
Mr Oliver Ender/Ranboo's father

He clicked on the first one. The phone rang for a couple of seconds.

"Julia Ender, who am I talking to?"
"Hi, Mrs Ender, it's Phil, Ranboo's friend's father-"
"Uhm, sorry, it's Miss Ender.."
"Aren't you married to Mr Ender? Sorry for asking I'm just confu-"
"We got divorced three weeks ago."
"Oh.."

Phil was so confused. Why hadn't Ranboo told them? He decided to talk to the boy later and go straight to the point with his mother.

"I called you because your son had a very bad anxiety attack earlier today. It came all of a sudden and I wondered if you know why he has these sudden attacks?"

There was silent for a moment. Upstairs, Ranboo was very confused about the situation. Who was Phil talking to? Not his father, he supposed. Maybe his mother?

"Yes, Ranboo has told me about these sudden attacks. I think it's an effect of the divorce, it hits different on teenagers than adults, you know.."

"I see.. does Mr Ender know about this?"
"The attacks? I don't know, I have no contact with Oliver, you have to ask Ranboo."
"If I may ask, who of you does Ranboo live with now?"

Ranboo was terrified. Phil had found out about the divorce. Was he mad that Ranboo hadn't told him?

"Oh, he lives with his father. I moved into an apartment in London."
"But you're still in contact with Ranboo?"
"Yeah, he told me that his father didn't want him to talk to me, though.."
"Are there any problems at Ranboo's home, that you know of ?"
"I only know that Oliver is home late in the weekends, by what Ranboo has told me."

"Well, thanks for taking your time to talk about this with me, it must be tough for you."
"I'll survive, thanks for telling me this."
"You're welcome, bye!"
"Bye!"

Phil hung up. I have to talk to Ranboo he thought to himself. Ranboo ran back to Tubbo.

"What's wrong? You look scared.."
"Oh, please Tubbo, don't go.."
"Whoa, I won't! Calm down.."

Phil decided it would be best to talk to Ranboo right away, so he went up the stairs to Tubbo's room. The two boys sat on the bed, Tubbo hugging Ranboo who seemed to panic a little.

"Hi.. Ranboo, can I talk to you?"
Ranboo looked at Phil, with wide eyes.
"You heard my conversation, didn't you?"
Ranboo looked even more frightened.
"I didn't mean to, sorry.."
"It's alright, Tubbo doesn't know, does he?"
Ranboo shook his head, glancing at Tubbo with an 'I'm-sorry' look in his eyes.

"Okay, let's take it slow. I know it's hard when you have to change something in your head, due to a big change in your life."
"You know how it feels?"
"Ranboo, my parents got divorced when I was 13."

Tubbo looked more confused than ever. Then something clicked in his brain. Ranboo's parents had gotten divorced.

———/——

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

You're loved and I care about you!

(I just quoted Bad, didn't I?)

Have a great time!