13. You are full of bullshit Friar

I HIT 100 + followers!! Omg thank you all so so much.

So the reason why I hadn't updated was because I was honestly going to quit writing due to the fact that this website messed up my last chapter and it sucked. I was afraid that it might do it again, this would all be so much easier if my computer liked this webpage.

You should go thank 🎅🏼 for being all pushy.
Someone gave me the starting idea in my last chapter, SHOUT OUT TO YOU.

Let's be honest if you don't fall in love with Maya this chapter, YOU ARE A LIAH

Anyways enjoy the chapter.

--

One month before.

"Riley?" Maya climbed through the bay window before sitting down on the special seat, they've both grown to come here every time they had each had a problem." I knew you'd be waiting for me." She said, opening her arms for her friends embrace. Riley moved over, closer to her blonde headed friend before she rested her head on her shoulder." Did the big bad idiot hurt you?"

"Maya what did I expect? I'm just some girl like any other girl that's ever fallen for him." She whined, sniffling as her hand lifted and she wiped the tears that threatened to roll down her cheeks. " You have to promise me something Maya." She lent off her friend, turning her head to look at her with determination in her puffy- slightly swollen eyes." Promise me we shall never, ever speak the name of Lucas Jackass Friar."

"I.. Riley.." She started but shut her mouth when Riley gave her a pleading look." I promise that he shall never be named." Maya agreed, what was the worse that can happen? It's not like they'd ever see him again and Riley was the only friend she had ever really connected with besides Lucas. She was snapped out of her thoughts when Riley pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thank you, thank you." She whispered, her tone shaky from the cracking in her voice. She knew this would be a long couple of weeks and she did the only thing she could, she hugged her friend back tightly in a soothing manner.

Present time.

"Riley, you can't be serious about this." Maya grumbled while being dragged towards the friar resistance." Fine if you're so determined to go over to Brandon's, there's something I need to tell you, it's about Luc-"

"Don't Maya, we made a promise." She stopped walking, making Maya bump into her." Remember?" She let go of her hand to cross her arms over her bust." He shall not be named?" She snapped, waiting for Maya to resign from her argument.

That was what Riley did every time Maya tried opening the subject of Lucas, it had been a month since she last heard from him but Maya on the other hand kept in contact with him via emails and text messages, letting him know everything that went on in Riley's life." Fine, find out the hard way." Maya muttered under her breath, walking up the porch to the Friar household.

"Wait find out what?" She followed Maya up the porch but froze when she saw him, the guy who broke her naïve little heart, hugging Maya tightly. He looked different, he was different. He wore a tight blue v-neck shirt and ripped jeans with a big gold belt buckle.

He pulled away from the hug and caught her brown chocolate orbs before his lips lifted into a smile, a genuine smile, not a smirk like he used to give her when he saw her." Hello Riley." The thick Texan accent in his tone noticeable. "Brandon will be with you shortly." He said calmly, she was expecting him to rage and demand that she not see him but he was relaxed and collected.

"Babe?" A feminine voice spoke, nearing the door. A short girl with light brown hair down to her shoulders came up behind Lucas." Your dad said if you could help him grill the steaks?"