School shooting

Heads up, I'm gonna start writing in third person more! It's a lot easier for me.

Now, we always did lockdown practice at school, but no one ever took it seriously, everyone talked, watched porn, mucked about with their friends. Amira and I just sit there, quietly talking about our problems. Our school hasn't had a shooting for like 5 years, pretty good for our area.

Amira sighed as she walked through the school building, the halls were empty and she was so very late. The bell had rung almost twenty minutes ago. Her feet dragged against the floor, she was tired and couldn't be bothered to deal with school today. She practically was asleep, that's was, until she heard the alarm for lockdown, she heard the speaker come on, saying it wasn't a drill. Her heart completely dropped and she bolted towards the bathroom, dropping her bag so she didn't have extra weight. There was no one else in the bathroom at the time which scared her even more, she switched the lights off and went into a stall locking it. She climbed onto the toilet seat and covered her mouth, now this, this was a situation where the danger didn't feel so good to her.

Everything was silent, but it felt so loud, her ears were ringing, she waited for a noise, the speaker again, she prayed that they would just leave her alone. Then there it was. The first gunshot combined with a heart clenching scream. Her eyes widened and filled with tears, she sniffled slightly but tried her best to cry quietly, she was terrified. There were many more gunshots after that, and many more screams, pleads, the sounds of running. She had taken her heels off and were holding them close to her chest, she wiped her phone out of her pocket and turned it on, texting her brother, Nate.

Me: "Nate, Nate please answer."

Big brother :): "what is it?"

Me: "are you in the school?"

Big brother :): "no, we all got evacuated since there was a shooter, actually, I don't see you, where are you?"

Me: "I'm in the bathrooms, I'm so scared Nate, they're gonna find me, I can hear the gunshots getting closer."
Read at 12:34pm.

She cried softly and put my head back, she shuddered and clenched her skirt. Her whole body was shaking, she was gonna die today. She quickly moved through her contacts and found ashtrays.

Me: "ash, ash please."

My drug: "what's wrong ma?"

Me: "I'm stuck in the bathrooms and there's a school shooter."

My drug: "shit, shit ma, okay, you're gonna be okay, I need you to stay calm."
Read.
My drug: "ma?"
Read.
My drug: "Amira answer the fucking phone."
Delivered.

Amira switched her phone off completely when she heard someone push the door open and cock the gun. She covered her mouth and tried not to let out a sob, she knew she was gonna be found at this point, there was no way she was gonna live. All the stalls were kicked open, side from hers. The footsteps got to her stall and a foot soon kicked the door until it broke open, she fell to her knees in front of the man with a gun.

"Ple- please I'm only 15,  I'm begging you let me go, I don't wanna die yet." She sobbed and never dared to look at him, just felt the hun being pressed to her head. She had accepted her fate at this point, letting her body tense even more though. She shook her head and pleaded, that was until the bathroom door was pushed open and many police charged in, tackling the guy. Amira gasped for air, falling back, falling into a panic attack as well, she sobbed which made it harder for her to breathe, a cop tried to get her to answer her but she couldn't. Everything was blurry, her lungs were pleading for air, just like she pleaded for her life, her ears were ringing loudly.

"Please..please, please, I can't die yet!"

She shouted out before she passed out, she didn't remember anything pass that point, she just remembered waking up in a familiar bed. Ashtray. She rubbed her eyes and nuzzled into his pillows, inhaling the scent of weed, which was oddly comforting to her. She relaxed a bit and just pulled the covers over her. She felt a hand rubbing her back gently and the covers being lifted off her; this was the only time you would catch ash like this.

"Hey, ma, I understand you wanna sleep and you need rest but you gotta eat., Kay? Can you eat some food?"

She just nodded and sat herself up, her hair was a mess and she had heavy bags under her eyes, even though she had been sleeping for like two days straight. Ash walked out and brought in some food for her, not a lot but enough to keep her from starving to death. He sat down next to her and slowly kissed her body, he rubbed her back once again, playing with her hair as she ate the food little by little.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there ma, I would've protected you."

Now, this didn't mean she was afraid of looking at guns, she was just scared at the moment. She put her food down on the floor once she had enough and climbed into her boyfriends lap. She rested her head in his chest and he held her closer than ever before, gently swaying with her and shushing her. She fell back asleep after around five minutes, sleep was the only place where she could stop thinking about the horrible thing that had happened. Ashtray layer down with her and grabbed the covers and blankets, pulling them over the two, he hummed softly and slowly fell asleep with her in his arms.

Hey guys, thank you for reading this chapter once again, I can't believe I got 6 chapters out in one day.
Word count:  1010
Happy reading!