04 | New Day, Same Shit

After last night, Hoseok wasn't finished getting back what was his. The guy he was looking for left the scene before he could even get his hand on even. Or even better, spark his ass up.

The sun rays beamed through the plastic window blinds blaring on hoseok's eyelids, giving him his our person alarm clock without the constant ringing. Getting out of the dark cobalt sheets and blanket, his mind was set on a shower to wash off whose blood he missed to wash off in last night's shower.

The hot water stung his skin but it relaxed his tense muscles. He had a routine to stick too and it was track Miller down before he tried to incognito for the thousandth time.

Hoseok wasn't one to rage but whenever it was needed he let it unleash. When he thought back to last night the sight of the Ford Focus sitting outside of the apartment was the only thing he could think of. He knew everyone in that building, so who moved in?

••

Notes. Notes. Flash cards. Notes.

Her hand cramped from writing down what to do when a baby breeches to how insert epidural into the new mother's back.

Imaan's everlasting dream was to become a gynecologist and not because she wanted to make her mother proud of her but to give back to all women and women of color who were afraid of doctors. And she wanted everything that came with achieving this dream and make it into a reality.

The professor dismissed the class as students flooded out the door with imaan being the last to exit. The corridors were filled with newly awaited adults who wanted to go home, following the ones leaving lead a slap of wind into imaan's face.

Walking towards her car, the back pocket of her jeans buzzed with the familiar ringtone of Truth hurts blaring. So she knew who it was, answering the phone and holding it up to her ear obviously aggravated now:

"Yes mom."

_____
Author note:
I did not want this to be so long