Chapter 9

Lisa's POV

The shift is over, and it's time to go home. I was so excited to leave the company, knowing that Jennie and I were going somewhere when Jisoo called me.

"Lisayah, uncle wants to see you."

"Alright. Don't wait for me, Chu." I said and gathered my things before heading out.

"Lis, aren't you coming home with us?" Seulgi asked the moment she entered our office.

"Chu said, dad wants to see me." I simply replied.

"Oh, okay. Say hi to Uncle for me." She said, gathering her things, and I nodded.

"Drive safely, guys. See you tomorrow." I said as I decided to accompany them to the parking lot.

"See you, Manofoot!"

"Good luck on your date!"

"Stole a kiss from Jennie!"

They teased while waving their arms before driving away. I smiled and shook my head before heading back to the company.

--

"Hey, Dad." I called as soon as I entered his office.

"Lisa! I miss you, my daughter." He stood up from his seat and approached me.

"As if you didn't see me last week." I chuckled and hugged him.

"I just want to see you. You know, father duties." He said and laughed.

Dad still treats me like a kid. But I love him like that because he never failed to give me attention despite being busy at work. I'm still his baby girl, according to him.

"So, how's work?" He asked as we were seated.

"It's fine, same old. Tiring but it's fun." I answered.

"Don't you still want to take my position?"

"Dad," I uttered as I looked at him intently.

"You already know what my answer to that is, right?"

Yep, we're working at my dad's company, or should I say our company. We have different branches around Asia, but I chose to work here in South Korea so that I can still be with my family and my friends. I love living simply, so as long as I can, I'll continue to live that way.

He's my inspiration for why I took engineering. We quite share the same interests in life, which will also explain why we're so close. No one knows I'm the CEO's daughter except for Jisoo and Seulgi. I want to experience working from the bottom before taking up his position someday. It feels different when you learn from your own mistakes and what you really worked hard for.

"Alright, if that's what you still want, I understand. I won't pressure you. Just enjoy what you are doing." He said and tapped my shoulder.

"Thanks, Dad. I love you!" I replied and gave him a hug.

"So, when will you let me meet your girl? Wait, do you even have a girlfriend?" He asked and chuckled.

I suddenly realized that Jennie is waiting for me because of what my dad asked. I glanced at the clock, and it was already 6:45 p.m.

"Uh, about that.. I still don't have a girlfriend, but I really have to go now, Dad. I'll meet a friend." I answered and fixed my clothes.

"You mean a date?" he asked and gave me a knowing smile.

"Yes. A date." I answered and smiled back.

--