Chapter 2 Meet Jeon Jungkook

Jeon Jungkook stepped out of the theater stretching his almost stiff muscles. He had just finished an eight hours major surgery and boy, was he exhausted.

He just wanted to do nothing other than to go to his elder brother's restaurant and have a delicious meal of kimchi jigae.

He bowed to the assisting surgeon as he made his way to his office.

A separate office of his own was one of the many things he enjoyed as the youngest and one of the best and most valuable surgeon of the hospital.

He changed out of his scrubs into his normal clothes and grabbed his car keys in his desk locker before stepping out of his office.

As he walked to the hospital's underground garage, he felt the presence of someone following him closely.

He mumbled a silent prayer of plea as he hoped it was just his imagination as he really
just wanted to eat at the moment and sleep till the next day's afternoon.

"Jungkook ssi?" A female voice called out and he cursed under his breath before turning
to the direction of the voice and putting on his most expressionless face to make it very
obvious to the person that he wasn't in the mood for chitchat.

"Dahyun ssi," He greeted nodding curtly at the female. He recognized her now. She was one of the new interns who had just been recently posted to the hospital.

"Good job on the surgery, Jungkook ssi. The surgery was a highly complicated one, yet you managed to make it successful." She
said with her cheeks tinted pink which made him raise one of his eyebrows.

He knew where this was going.

"Thank you." he muttered, and turned around to continue to his car.

"Have you had dinner yet, Professor? We are having a team dinner this evening and-"

"Dahyun ssi. I'm touched by your offer but I'm afraid I will  have to reject it. I'm a very busy
man and I don't really have time for that." He paused to stare at her angry face.

"So, if you will excuse me. I have somewhere important to be right now." Jungkook bowed
before leaving the intern to stare at him dumbfounded with her fist clenched.

He scoffed to himself as he swerved his car out of the parking lot. He really must seem pathetic that an intern took pity on him and wanted him to have dinner with her.

+++

"Jungkook-ah. Welcome, how was work?" Dahee, his sister in-law beamed at him waving at him from where she was seated.

"Noona, how are you doing? Work was fine, where is Hyung?" Jungkook greeted hugging his sister in-law as he scanned the store.

"Jungwon had to do a special home delivery, he should be here soon," the former replied hands caressing her seven months-old watermelon-sized baby bump softly.

"Is that right? I'll wait then, how is my niece doing?" He gestured to the bump as he
smiled softly at her.

"She's doing fine and growing healthy." Dahee said returning his smile.

"That's good to hear." Jungkook nodded and a comfortable silence ensued.

"No customers today?" Jungkook asked observing how scanty and quiet the place was.

The adorable high-school part timer that always bugged him to give him his Kakao talk id was also absent.

"Yes, today is a not so busy day. That's why Jungwon could go to deliver the order personally," she explained and he nodded.