Hoyoung - 오늘도 수고했어

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。 ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。 ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

Y/N's POV

Today was a long and tiring day as usual. It's my 4th year as a surgical resident but today was a little but more overwhelming than the normal days. Today, I had a 24 hour shift, made rounds at the hospital, went over so many patient documents, and on top of that I was assigned to one operation...the worst I had thought had happened. A patient dying right before my eyes.

A step outside the surgery room, the senior doctor explains to the family of the deceased and them shedding so much tears just hurt me so much. I wouldn't want to blame anyone. The patient had very low chances of surviving and there was nothing we could do but seeing their family hurt so much knowing the fact they it was last time seeing each other in this life, it somehow made me drown once again in my thoughts.

And so that was how my day at work ended. Due my 24 hour shift, I had been at work since yesterday and had no chance to go home. It was 5:00 P.M. and I could finally go home and rest. As soon as I got home,the first thing I did was took a nap and woke up 3 hours later. I sat in the living room, reminding myself about what happened today, and then tears suddenly started falling from my cheeks.

Hoyoung's POV

I checked the clock and it was 8:00 P.M., we finished practicing earlier than usual. I decided to go home first, so that I could finally see Y/N... She comes home tired all the time but cheers up when I come home with both our favorite snack, tteokbokki.

"Hyung! I'm going first~", I told Dongheon and waved the other members goodbye.

"Hoyoung hyung!! Wait!!", Yongseung shouted and the members gathered around me by the door while I was holding my backpack.

"Give this to Y/N Nuna and tell her to cheer up! I heard being a medical resident is hard...", Yongseung handed me papers that somehow looked like letters.

"Thank you~ I'll give this to her when I see her at home.", I waved them goodbye once again and left to go home. I bought tteokbokki on the way home from Y/N's favorite tteokbokki place.

"Y/N-ahhh~~ I bought tteokbokki!!!", I said cheerfully as soon as I opened the door but it was somehow silent.

I saw Y/N in the living room spacing out or staring at something from afar. I approached Y/N and gave her a tight hug. Tears started falling from her cheeks so I wiped them for her. I hugged her even tighter and rubbed her back. I didn't mind my shirt being wet from her tears. All I knew that at this moment, she needed someone.

"Hoyoung-ah...", she said while sobbing.

"It's okay. I'm here.", I stroked her hair repeatedly and noticed that she calmed down a bit.

"How was your day?", I looked her in the eyes and smiled at her.

"It was bad. I got scolded by my senior, I had too many papers, and...", she suddenly stopped talking and looked like she couldn't continue.

"You don't have to force yourself to tell me, y/n. But I want you to know that i'm always here to hear you out and give you the biggest hugs.", I said and then wiped a tear from her cheek.

She started telling me detail by detail about what happened during her shift and I could feel the sadness in her voice  while she was talking. I hugged her once again and told her,

"Y/N, you did great today. You are so cool and brave for facing such obstacles. You're strong but fragile at the same time. So everytime you break, you can come to me.", I softly smiled at her and she did so too.

"I love you.", she said and my smile grew bigger.

"I'll love you more.", I said.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bonus: Verivery's letters to Y/N

From: Dongheon
To: Y/N

Y/N-ah!!! I've heard how hard you've been working...Hoyoung always compares me with you when I make a mistake during practice telling me that if you were part of Verivery, you would've been the leader. Tell your boyfriend to practice well and be cool like me and you, Okay???

From: Minchan
To: Y/N

Y/N~ my chinguuuu~ I see you've been working hard??? If you have time, let's hang out with everyone~ Just like before, I'll cook you food. Work hard and succeed! Hwaiting!!!!

From:Gyehyeon
To: Y/N

Nuna~ You're doing well, Fighting!!!!

From: Yeonho
To:Y/N

Nunaaa~ Let's go to karaoke when you have time!! If you're stressed, singing your heart out could help. You can do this, Fighting!!!

From: Yongseung
To: Y/N

Nuna! Remember when we used to talk about science when we saw each other? When you get a vacation, let's go see the stars with the other members!!

From: Kangmin
To: Y/N

Nunaaaa~ Thank you for taking care of me when I was younger. I won't forget the things you taught me! Nuna You're cool!!! You can do this...FIGHTING!!!

•┈┈┈•┈┈┈•┈┈┈•┈┈┈•┈┈┈•┈

a/n: yes....cry with me...

basically this chapter may be all sad and all but it's a reminder to every single one of you that you are doing well and whatever you are facing right now, you are so brave for doing so... There's people there to comfort you whether it's verivery or the people around you, friends and family and count me in!! If you need a friend to talk to, i'm all ears~

anyways that's all may have said a bit too much regardles ily all!!!💞🙏🏻