Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty | Bubble

I was right. The hangover was brutal.

I woke up with the sun on my face and Valen's arms and legs draped over my body.

Valen's groan was hoarse as I jolted upright and practically leaped off the bed. The feel of the cold tile against my knee was comforting as I kneeled before the toilet to vomit my guts out.

I mentally slapped myself in the face. I didn't usually drink, but when I did, I always went all out. And the consequences were always brutal.

A beat later, I felt Valen's large frame near the door. Nilingon ko siya saglit at nakitang nakasandal sa door frame. His arm bulged against his flowy white shirt. His hair was chaotic and his eyes sleepy.

Natigil lamang ang tingin ko sa kanya when I felt the need to vomit again. I faced the toilet bowl and felt Valen's calloused hands holding my hair as I faced the consequences of my drinking!

Unti-unti akong nakaramdam ng hiya. Gosh, why did he have to see me vomit! At kailan lang ba ako nagsimulang maging conscious sa mga ganitong bagay? In the past, I vaguely remember him wiping snot off my nose when I was sick with the flu!

Valen's finger gently brushed my nape. Napatingin ako sa kanya at nakitang namumungay ang mga mata habang nakatingin sa buhok ko.

"Had a fun night, huh?" Simula niya nang nagtagpo ang tingin namin.

I glared at him and tried to brush away my fuzzy feelings.

"Shut up, Valen," I replied, disgruntled.

Kahit na sobrang sakit ng ulo ko, ang nakasunod na halakhak ni Valen ay tila paraiso.

We stayed in for a couple of hours to nurse our hangover. Mas marami akong nainom kagabi, kaya mas matagal bago ako nakabawi. Valen ordered room service for our brunch.

It was three in the afternoon nang tuluyan nang bumalik ang energy ko. Yesterday was a bit exhausting, so we decided to spend the day sunbathing near our villa. Valen spread the large beach towel on the sand at doon na kami nagpalipas ng oras.

Valen is doing something on his phone habang ako naman ay nakahiga sa kanyang hita at nagbabasa sa Kindle. I read a summer romance comedy novel this time about two rival writers who had to help each other stave off their writer's block.

My eyes would alternate between what I was reading, the sea in front of me, and Valen. Valen's hands did that, too. Habang abala siya sa kung ano sa kanyang cellphone, his hand would touch me every once in a while-- my hair, my bare stomach, my hips, my shoulder.

A group of boys walked in front of us, and Valen's hand was immediately on my stomach. Napatigil ako nang nagtagal ang kamay niya sa tiyan ko.

"What are you doing?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

He only glared at me. Napatingin ako sa suot ko. I'm wearing a terno pink and orange floral bikini and some parts of my body were exposed. Valen's warm, calloused hand rested on my stomach as if trying to hide it.

"I think you should cover yourself with something," Aniya, staring elsewhere. Sinundan ko ang tingin niya at nadatnan ang ibang grupo na naman ng lalaking nakatingin sa banda namin.