Chapter 1: Not so clear skies

It was the current year, 2022. I am the town's newspaper boy, running around with my backpack full of the Cellula News. Today my boss, Podfather, informed me that the newspaper pea for the town nearby, Sappletown, has taken a vacation day and that I would be replacing him for the time being. Podfather was a really nice person, everyone in town liked him. Podfather was an elderly pea, he's been transporting mail for most of his life. He's settled down as head of the town's Pod Office. He makes anyone smile being around him, I'm glad I've had the privilege to work for him for the past few years.

 He makes anyone smile being around him, I'm glad I've had the privilege to work for him for the past few years

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I jogged my way there from the Pod Office. The day was exceptionally warm with a slight cool breeze. The air smelled of the blossoming flowers that the townsfolk grew. I was on the last street in the farthest part of Sappletown, and I decided to stop and take a breath. I leaned against the stop sign and set my backpack down. I unzipped the top and pulled out my water bottle. I pulled the cap off and put the bottle to my lips, and stopped. There was a massive purple cloud in the distance, coming towards the town, fast. Zomboss is attacking us, he must be. I set my bottle down and dumped the newspapers out, and tossed my bottle in. I zipped it up and threw it on my back. I had to warn everyone, but I'm not fast enough to go door by door. I could ring the bell at the town hall! I stuck out my leaf hands at each side and absorbed energy from the sun. A few seconds later I was ready. With this energy stored in my body, my skin started glowing with a green aura. I felt faster, stronger, and full of energy. I was hyper.

I raced to the townhall at full speed, with my backpack flailing in the wind behind me. The bell was on top of the building. I squatted down and jumped into the air, I grabbed onto the edge of the roof and pulled myself up. I then ran upward to the bell. I hopped over the ledge and stood inside. The old wooden floor creaked under my weight. I looked for the rope that was supposed to be attached to the bell. I found it and wrapped both leaves around it and pulled. The bell let out an extremely loud DING noise, I probably should have worn headphones. I pulled the bell three times, and then hopped out of the small room and back onto the roof. I watched the town go into action, all the people came out and looked at the cloud coming their way. After a few seconds they all began to run in the opposite direction of the cloud towards Neighborville, YES! But, now I have to warn Neighborville!

I slide down the building and hyper towards Neighborville. I dodge the retreating town people as they run down the street. I turn my head and I see the cloud a couple hundred feet away. The cloud isn't very fast, everyone should be able to reach Neighborville in time. I heard a distant scream, and stopped. I turned around and searched for the source of the scream. All I could see were oncoming people. I turned my left and ran and jumped onto the nearest building. I saw a

fallen sunflower on her knees in the distance, the cloud was coming closer, and much faster now. Without thinking I jumped from building to building towards the cloud.

My aura faded a few buildings short, I wouldn't be able to continue with the roofs. I slid and dropped down onto the yard and hopped the white wooden fence. I ran to the center of the street where the sunflower was.

"We have to go, the cloud is coming!" I told her.

"I can't find them!" She cried, "I need my glasses!."

I searched the street for glasses. A saw a glint in the light and I ran towards it, it was her glasses, they were red sunglasses but the lenses were shattered. I slid them in my backpack and ran back to the sunflower.

"I found your glasses," I said ,"But they're a little broken, we can fix them in Neighborville."

"Okay..." sobbed the sunflower.

I turned my head and noticed the cloud was about just a few feet away. I stuck my leaves out and charged. It's going to take longer to absorb the energy since I haven't fully recovered from the last hyper, I hope I can charge before it gets to us. I turn my head to one of the rose bushes by the sidewalk. I watched

the cloud start surrounding it. All the petals fell and the bush died instantly. I was scared. But then, I felt a surge of energy, unlike what the sun has naturally given me. My aura pulses through the skin of my body. I lift the sunflower into my arms.

"Time to go!" I told her.