Chapter 2: An Invitation

We were almost caught up with the rest of the plants, they were coming through the gates of Neighborville, which is surrounded by tall white walls. I looked down and noticed the sunflower was sleeping, she's probably not used to all this movement it took to get here. I looked up and noticed the gate was closing. This isn't good... I ran as fast as I could and slid through right before the large metal gates slammed shut. Phew, that was close.

Crazy Dave lives in a mansion, this mansion is also known as the Town Hall.

I barge in through the door and see Crazy Dave turned around talking to two doctor sunflowers. He turns his head and looks at us.

"Sir Dave, there's a cloud coming towards us, it kills plants instantly!" I cough, "And here, please help her, she's been unconscious for a couple of minutes."

The two sunflowers immediately come to me, I hand her over to them, they carry her out of the main room.

"We must act now, follow me," said Crazy Dave.

I follow him outside, he pulls a gray remote with a red button and points it infront of him in the parking lot. Once he pressed it, a large blue sphere appeared, and it faded showing Penny. Penny is Crazy Dave's legendary AI, flying, teleporting, time traveling RV, it is also a pizza shooting machine. He opens the door and steps

into the front seat. I hop in and close the door. I find one of the seats and hop in it and buckle my seat belt. Crazy Dave watches me do this in the over-head mirror. Then he types rapidly on the keyboard to his right. Penny's jets turn on and we hover in the air, then we burst into the air. We head straight up going extremely fast, while Crazy Dave types more on his keypad. A large blue oval shape appears out of thin air in front of us. Within seconds we fly in it. I close my eyes.

Penny stops and shakes.

"You have reached your destination" says Penny.

I still have my eyes closed. I hear my seatbelt unclick and I'm lifted into the air. I hear the door open and I open my eyes. The vision is bright and then my eyes dilate. We were in front of the Neighborville gates. The cloud was getting close to Neighborville.

I watched Crazy Dave. He had a large green holograph emitting watch. He pressed it and then he started swiping to the right, then stopped and pressed. Then he aimed in front of him and pressed the red button on it's side. A small green sphere appeared and faded and there was a blover, he was a leader blover, wearing a red bandana around his head. Crazy Dave pressed the button some more

and then there were four more blovers. They all saluted Crazy Dave and the leader blover said:

"Awaiting orders, sir!"

Crazy Dave tapped the back of my head, he wants me to tell them.

"That gas is heading towards Neighborville, It kills all plants it touches!" I told them.

"Aye, we'll take care of it, sir," said the leader blover.

The five blovers all stuck their heads up and absorbed energy with their clover leaves.

"On 3 squad, 1...2...3!" ordered the leader blover.

In unison, the blovers spun their petals at extremely quick speeds, like powerful living fans. I watched the cloud quickly stop and start quickly moving backwards until we couldn't see it anymore.

"Good work blovers," said Crazy Dave.

"Thank you, sir!" said all the blovers.

Then Crazy Dave pressed the green button on the other side of his gadget watch. The blovers saluted and then were surrounded by the green spheres and were gone.

"Good work young peashooter," Crazy Dave told me,"You and your friend are invited to train at the Grounds. The best two become L.E.A.F. agents. I see potential in you, and I'm sure your friend has potential too."

L.E.A.F, League of Extraordinary Action Foliage, the league of all the awesome super heroes.

I thought about this for a second.

"I haven't had any time to get to know her but I would appreciate training with her. Thank you for this opportunity, sir!" I told him, "We won't let you down!"

"That's good to hear, I will talk to her tonight and see if she's interested. Training starts tomorrow at 9 a.m. If your friend agrees, she'll be there too."

"And sir?"

"Yes?"

I unzip the zipper in my backpack, my two crystals fall out along with the glasses. They make a glass-like noise against the tile, but don't crack. I grab the broken glasses from my backpack.

"May I take a look at those?"

"Sure!" I pick them up and put the crystals in his hand, "Pretty cool huh"

Crazy Dave taps the crystals against each other, they both glowed a second after they touched, his eyes widened.

"Where did you find these?!" asked Crazy Dave.

"I found them laying in my backyard a month ago," I told him, "One night, I heard a static like noise, it woke me up. I walked out my back door and they were glowing on the grass."

"These," explained Crazy Dave, "Are fragments of the crystal guardians".

"What?"

"Here, I'll explain everything. There were legendary plants from the far far future. There were four of them, purple guardian, green guardian, yellow guardian, red guardian. Purple crystal was a master of dark magic. Green guardian was a mage of life and energy. Yellow guardian was a strong leader who had great endurance. Red guardian was a wizard of the sun. They defended the Cosmic Gateway from the supernova army. Each supernova vanquished dropped its cosmic energy, and the crystal guardians absorbed all this power. In the end, the guardians won but were left weak. With all this power they were soon to implode into singularities. They would all become one singularity, one powerful enough to absorb the Cosmic Gateway. Thus, destroying all existence. So, they sacrificed themselves and let the Cosmic Gateway absorb them. This caused them to shatter into fragments, and were spread out through all universes. Each wield extreme power."

I stared at Crazy Dave, stunned by what he was telling me.

"So," Crazy Dave continued, "Zomboss has probably formed another supernova army, and taken control of the Cosmic Gateway. Each supernova soldier from that point has absorbed a crystal, energy from the previous supernova army. I believe Zomboss is using the Cosmic Gateway to find crystals to rebuild his new supernova army. We have found matching crystals for Citron, Kernel Corn, Rose, and all the other heroes, but we haven't found out how to use them. Until then, keep these crystals safe."

Wow, this is pretty serious.