Chapter 4: New me

We walk in through the gates. The ground is soft but there's a hard layer right under it, at least it's somewhat comfortable to walk on

"Hey newbies, get over here!" said an angry voice.

We turned to our left and saw Kernel Corn standing in front of a line of plants.

"Get in line!" he ordered.

Solar and I nervously get in line.

"Listen up," Kernel announced, "This is not just training, it's also a competition. I am going to push you all into being the best plants you can be. Everyday you will be tested, you will be supervised by me, and no one else. Impress me and I will give you a chance to be a part of L.E.A.F. Only the best team gets a chance, and a week to do so. Not everyone is cut out to be L.E.A.F. even if you pass these tests. You are normally assigned a team of two but with this many of you, we will have teams of three. I will assign your teams by the order you are on my list."

Kernel Corn looks down and starts naming off the list; "Sunflower, pea. Guacodile, Pre-his pea. Tomato mortar, Ice snapdragon. Sun shroom, and Popcorn pult."

"Yay, we're in the same team!" Solar whispered in my ear, her smile was so bright it illuminated the right side of my face.

Terrific.

Kernel continued, "You will be assigned your bunks, you have the rest of your day to move in, I'll see you all at 7 o'clock sharp."

I know that I wake up early anyway for work, but I still hate mornings.

We walk to our miniature cabins that face each other on the grass.

"This one's mine," Solar says as she rushes to the one of the right.

"Sounds good," I say.

I slowly walk to my bunk. Hmm. It looks somewhat new but also somewhat old, wood can confuse you like that. I open the door. There's a desk to the right, a clothes drawer to the back on the right, and a small bed to the left in the back. Hm, nothing cool. I walk to my drawer, a screen shows up.

Welcome White Brim! Would you like to change your room's default settings? Click YES or NO.

Well, I like unique things, so I tapped YES.

Alright, wait one second while your room authenticates to what you might like.

"OH MY GA-" I scream.

I stare wide eyed as my room changes. My bed changes to a red bed with a red blanket. The legs of the bed are white, and the blanket has a white trim. My walls do the same, except there is a V on each wall. My dresser turned into a mirror. My desk just changed to white. There was a miniature vending machine on it.

Dang

I love the new look of my room, it looks futuristic. Having access to any time zone, I say we can do almost anything nowadays.

I walked over to the mirror, and a screen popped up.

Would you like to change your skin? Yes or No.

Seriously, it's like my room is on Gamer settings or something. This is still pretty cool. I clicked YES. A long list of cosmetics popped up. There were only three options, the rest below it were labeled ???. The three shown were:

Default

Newsboy

Mob Disguise

I tapped on "Newsboy".

Through profession, you've unlocked Newsboy Skin. Would you like to equip now? Yes or No.

It's obvious what I would press.

Everything turned white for a second and then I saw myself in the mirror.

Oooh.

I was wearing a sort of old fashioned outfit, a plaid blue and white shirt. My leaves had a layer of brown cloth, kind of like if I were wearing cargo shorts. On my head was a newsboy hat. I look awesome with this hat on.

I tried on the "Mob Disguise".

Fancy.

I was wearing a white tuxedo, and a white fedora. I see why I was given this skin. Another name for a fedora is a brim. It's not a bad outfit, but I'm not a very classy pea.

I changed to my default skin, my normal self. I wondered what the vending machine thing was on my dresser. I walked to my dresser. Another screen:

Welcome to Jinx's Vending Machine, where all The Mighty Gnome's tiddlywinks are sold. Here one can purchase snazzy outfits, figurines and exclusive gear.

Awesome.

After that screen, I went through a tutorial, it showed me how to shop for outfits, figurines, and yeah, gear. It also showed me where to access my Inbox. I can claim a daily random gift.

I tapped on Inbox.

Inbox:1

Exclusive Outfit: Accept.

I tapped accept. I love free things, who doesn't.

You've claimed your Daily Gift! Come back tomorrow.

Would you like to equip now?

Accept.

This time was different, instead of white, I saw gold. Well, the way anything exclusive works is it personally fits you, it's the best thing you can get pretty much.

Sadly the second after gold surrounded me, it disappeared. I walked over to my mirror.

Wooohhh.

Wooohhh

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I used to look like a normal pea, with two leaves at the back of my head. Now, many leaves were on my head, as if I had wavy hair. My skin was also different, my skin was red with a white outline that curved around my head like a baseball.

This is the new me.