Chapter 5: A long night

Everything was like a video game in my room. Of course, it's only like that in my room, the real world is the real world. I walk out of my bunk and look around. One thing is different than normal, I've noticed that with my outfit equipped, seeing the world is like a video game. I can see my health at the bottom right.

125 HP

That's normal for a pea I assume, I'm sure it will go up as I become stronger.

Above my health is a single box displaying a glowing peashooter, this was my Hyper ability, I guess.

"Hi there," I look up to see Solar. She has a big smile on her face. She has shiny red sunglasses resting on her head.

 She has shiny red sunglasses resting on her head

"Heyy."

"These bunks are amazing! They are kind of like a video game, that's pretty neat."

"Oh really, I thought mine was special." I frown.

"What did you expect, White?"

"I thought that maybe, for once in my life, I could have something no one else has."

"Well, let me tell you something," she shakes her petals. "There's only one of you, and there's only one outfit like that, and you have it."

"Yeah, this is my exclusive outfit, you like it?"

"It's kinda cool."

"Kinda... that hurts..."

"You're gonna make it through this, just take some breaths."

Hm.

"So...what did you get?" I asked.

"I got these glasses," she takes them off her head. "They're pretty nice, they're called Exclusive Fireproof Glasses. I guess since they are fireproof, I can't melt them with my energy, that's good I guess"

"Ye."

She puts them on, "How do I look?"

"Um... like you're wearing sunglasses."

She lifts them and stares at me.

I stare back, blankly.

We stare at each other for a few more seconds.

"What in the holy corn world are you two doing?! Kernel Corn yells at us.

We both jump.

"Well, are you gonna tell me or do I have to give you two cleaning duty?!"

This guy is pretty serious, we should probably say something.

"We-"

"We are just talking about our bunks, they're pretty cool, thank you sir!" Solar says as she salutes.

"No problem, you guys have earned it coming this far." Kernel continues "It's getting late, get some rest, and if I catch either one of you on the premises and not in your bunks, I'll have you run the track until you can't run anymore, you hear me?!"