𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

los angeles, ga
kentrell's house
8/25/21

GOING THROUGH PAPERS ON HIS TABLE, Kentrell sighed scratching his head. It wasn't adding up. He couldn't lie, Azia had him confused about everything she had said. And now he was curious.

For him to be a detective, this was actually the first time he was stuck on a persons case. It was as if everything she did was driving him crazy.

Today's her court date, and he was of course attending it to provide information to the judge. He also wanted to be there to witness her being thrown behind bars for the rest of her life. Kentrell figured that was something had to see and not just wanted to see. In his opinion, she deserved worse than that.

Anyways, he pulled out a cigarette and lighter sparking up the end of it before putting it between his lips. It was something to help him coupe with things, considering he couldn't really smoke weed.

Inhaling the tabasco filled stick, he exhaled the smoke out blowing it into nowhere specific flipping through papers. "Iggy, Iggy Azalea. What imma' do with you?" He murmured under his breath looking at a picture of her.

Pulling his phone out, he unlocked it going to Bens contact name and calling him. Immediately answered, shuffling could be heard on his end. "My nigga wassup?"

Clicking the speaker button, he sat the phone on the table reading over her files once again. "You wanna tell me why that day we had Iggy in the integration room, you lied like the boss called me?"

"Ion' remember shit like that." Ben laughed loudly through the speaker, honesty could be heard in his voice. "Whoever told you that bullshit lying they ass off, I was on the toilet. Taking a shit while you was questioning that guhh'."

Smacking his lips, Kentrell stopped moving completely and stared blankly at his phone. "What? I looked you directly in yo' face Ben, I know that was you. It fashoo' wasn't anybody else. I know I'm not that crazy."

If it wasn't Ben then who the fuck was it? And why were they walking around looking exactly like his partner and long time childhood friend?

"Ion' know what the hell you on, but I know it wasn't me. Next time you see that person, show me em'. I wanna know who going around pretending to be me." Ben replied to Kentrell. "You ight' though? Don't sound like you been sleeping."

"I'm good, don't worry bout' me. And I will. I got sleep last night, but not much. Meet you at the court house in a few?" Kentrell responded now cleaning up the papers from the table.

"Hell yeah, you know imma' be thea'." Ben voice echoed through the room and they said their goodbyes before hanging up.

Kentrell lived alone which could explain the quietness in his house all the time, and why he had so much time on his hands.

He was married for three to six years, but soon divorced finding out his ex wife was having an affair with someone. Later on that year, he had found out that she was murdered by the person she was having an affair with.

It had all happened so quick that Kentrell didn't even know how to react to everything. How would he? He of course was hurt behind the affair situation, and for her to be murdered that same year? Was just crazy to him.