4. It's me!

Sunday dawns upon us and I quickly realize that Namjoon wasn't kidding when he said he spent all his time studying. I wasn't very different when I was a teen either, but without anyone to talk to I get bored fast. I feel like a dog when I'm just sitting here, staring out the window while waiting for Namjoon to say he's hungry so I can cook for him. Neither of his parents are home either. His dad is in China for business and his mom said she has to socialize with the locals to make connections for the future. They sure are diligent about their work, but it wouldn't hurt to stay home with their son sometimes. Making connections with him is important too. 

I stretch my arms over my head with a big yawn before leaning my chin against the windowsill. I'm so goddamn bored here. Was 2008 really this bad? I remember hanging out with friends and watching animated shows on TV, but I can't do either of those things now. My friends are in the future and the TV in this big house only has boring channels with news and stuff. Namjoon doesn't own a single game either! If only I had my phone...

I quickly sit up straight at the thought. My phone. Of course! I definitely had it in my pocket when I entered the time machine, but it's been missing ever since. Maybe if I had it, I could try to contact the others and let them know I'm here. Of course, phones wouldn't logically be able to communicate in real time between the past and future, but I know what I can do to still get my message across.

While I'm making plans in my head, my eyes catch onto something outside the window. A group of five middle school boys are walking past, their attention focused on the smallest boy in the middle. He looks uncomfortable while the others laugh. I keep my gaze focused on them and just about jump out of my seat when they push the boy to the ground. He falls right into a puddle of mud and when he tries to get up one of the others throws a soccer ball in his face. 

Without thinking I walk straight out the door, just wearing my indoor slippers. The group of kids doesn't hear me approaching and their faces turn into that of shock the second I grab one of them by the back of his collar and lift him off the ground. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I snarl at him in a dark voice. 

I feel him shiver in my grip and none of them has the guts to speak up. I'm usually a very friendly person, but seeing injustices like this makes my blood boil. I grab him with both hands and ask again.

"Answer me, you little nerd! What the fuck do you think you're doing to your friend? How would you feel if someone did that to you, huh? Maybe I should throw you in a puddle and see how you feel after that!"

I feel a tiny bit mean when the boy's eyes starts tearing up. 

"I-I need to use the bathroom," he stutters, but when I look down I realize he probably doesn't need to anymore. 

I quickly put him back on the ground and the other boys grabs his hand and runs away, peeking over their shoulders to make sure I'm not following them. Ah, I've messed up now. What if they tell their parents that I scared the shit out of them? Well, not shit, but I did make that poor boy pee himself. I can only hope that they learned something from this. There will always be someone bigger and stronger than you. 

I turn my attention back to the boy who got bullied earlier. He has picked himself up from the ground during the commotion and is trying to wipe the mud off his white pants, obviously to no avail. 

"Are you alright? I didn't mean to sound so frightening, I just wanted to help you."

The boy looks up at me and it's I who can't hide my shock when I see my own 11-year-old face staring back at me. The younger version of me forces a smile full of missing teeth and bows to me as thanks.