9. Little me

The next morning comes around and I'm awoken by a single ray of light coming in through my window. I'm exhausted. Yesterday was a mess and I couldn't sleep because of it. First Seokjin caught me red-handed with vandalizing the school, and then he kissed me. Like, what? I still can't believe that really happened. Is he into older guys? Maybe that's why he's never ever paid any real attention to me. I'm still just a baby to him. 

And then there's the problem with Namjoon acting up too. He knows something, but I can't figure out what it is. My best bet is that he saw me dropping off Seokjin at his house, but I can't be certain. I should try to do something to ease his worries. Yes, I could take him out for barbecue! He's never been and surely some meat would make him trust me more. It's the best bet I have. 

I drag myself out of bed and despite it being 8 AM on a Saturday, Namjoon is already sitting in the kitchen with his mom. They're busy eating breakfast when I enter and only his mom looks up at me.

"Good morning, Jungkook!" she chirps. "Would you like some toast?"

"Yes, please, that would be nice."

She gets up to make me some breakfast and I cautiously sit down next to Namjoon. He promptly ignores me and keeps eating his soggy cereal. I didn't know he was a cereal kind of guy. I thought he was the type to eat bacon and eggs for breakfast. Not very typical Korean food, but they're rich, so what do I know?

"Here you go," Mrs. Kim says as she hands me a plate with a perfectly golden sandwich. 

"Thank you," I reply with a polite smile and she goes right back to reading her newspaper. Gosh, it's been a while since I saw someone doing that instead of just looking at their phone.

I munch away at my sandwich while throwing the occasional glance at Namjoon. Just as he puts down his spoon after finishing his meal, I clear my throat to make him pay attention to me.

"I was thinking if we could go out for some barbecue today."

I'm met with an empty stare from Namjoon and a surprised look from his mom.

"Barbecue?" she says slowly. "What for?"

"Oh, I just felt like having some and Namjoon said he's never been, so it could be fun!"

"That's kind of you, but I'm afraid I must decline. I have things to do today..." She ponders for a bit before lighting up with a smile. "But Namjoon can of course go with you!"

Namjoon's face falls as he realizes he's falling into my trap.

"Huh?"

"Wouldn't that be fun, honey? You can take a little break from your studies to go out for some food with Jungkook."

"But I... I'm busy. I don't have the time."

"Nonsense! It will take an hour, tops."

At his mother's words, Namjoon quiets down. Is he giving in? Now's my chance!

"That settles it then. I'll take you out for lunch today."

Mrs. Kim nods affirmatively and that means it's sealed in. He won't escape me now. I have to fix our relationship so that he doesn't ruin anything for me before I can leave. If I were to get kicked out before the 25th, that would be kind of annoying. It wouldn't necessarily ruin everything, but it would make it a lot harder for me to get back to the time machine. 

A careful knock on the front door gains our attention and all three of us look over there. 

"Who could it be this early in the morning?" Mrs. Kim says. "I'll get it. You two boys stay here and enjoy your breakfast."