Chapter 2 "I just wanted to"

Kim Man-dong

Sooho didn't know what to think of him, he was the mole that told the north about his betrayal, killed Gyeok-chan and Eung-sol, and planned to kill him. Yet, he was the one who died to protect him because he cares about Youngro. Sooho didn't know what to do with him, should he try to team up with him or not, those were the thoughts that went through his head as they go up to the attic on the fourth floor. Him, Youngro, Jeong-min, and Man-dong.

"There's no need to be scared" he heard Youngro as she held onto his arm tight. "There's no such thing as ghosts, Right unnie?" 

"Yeah, don't worry about that" Jeong-min assured the younger girl, though she was nervous as well.

As they enter further within the room Man-dong reached out to turn on the lights "Wait" Sooho exclaimed, "don't turn on the lights, we'll just use the lanterns, the guards are still around" they all nodded at his words. 

"We need to be careful and stay quiet while you're here okay" Jeong-min states, she stares at Sooho holding up two fingers. "Shin Gyeong-ja, stays up till 2 am in the library, and it's just below us, so be quiet" Sooho nodded at that, already knowing about it. 

As he looked around the attic all the memories he had with Youngro rushed through his head.

We need a secret code, if you hear two knocks and then three open up the door cause it's me, Eun Youngro, agree?.

You should try learning those things instead of protesting then, you're boring.

Im Sooho, As in protecting my love?

Then what's your German name?

Are you Superman or something?

You just need to focus on yourself. Okay?

And who knows I might invite you to next year's open house.

You know this isn't just any ordinary coffee, if you drink it, all your bad memories will be erased.

I just erased my memory of singing in evergreen records.

That memory I erased it as well.

So when we meet again you give me back this scarf.

You promised as long as we're both alive we will meet again.

Sooho-ssi! no! please! Sooho-ssi!!!

This attic was the place of their best memories.

Where they made their secret code, they ate, she healed his shoulder, made paper planes, drank coffee, and had their first kiss.

Their only kiss.

Yet, this place was also where their worst memories happened.

Where he told her he was going to forget her, where he gave back her brother's scarf and broke her heart, and the place he died probably scarring her for life with that memory.

His eyes go moist thinking back about everything. All he wanted was was to be an ordinary man, to live his life with the woman he loves and sing her songs from his heart, yet fate was cruel to him and gave him this life.

"Come on Sooho-ssi, let's bandage your wound now" Youngro states as she grabs his arm to help him while dragging him to steps. The steps where they made paper planes, where they first kissed. She helped him as he sat down minding his injured side as to not aggravate it further. She grabbed the first aid kit and sat a little behind him, while Jeong-min and Man-dong were cleaning up the attic to make it more livable for Sooho.