Chapter three | Meeting the Mortelli's

Xavier Mortelli

*bell rings*

Finally the bell had rung and I could eat, I didn't have time to eat breakfast that's why I was starving. Rushing is not a normal thing for me but sometimes it happens.

As usual, me and my cousins will eat together for lunch, it was nice to just have them as the others were scared to even say a word to us. As I entered my eyes locked to a beautiful girl, she had black hair and green eyes. I have never seen her before. She must be new. The worst part was she was sitting with Isiah Jones the basketball jock. The interesting bit was she never looked away until I sat down. She immediately looks away when Isiah said something to her, I think he must like her.

I was still staring at her until Dylan, my cousin, spoke up.

"Hey Xavier are you here or lost in your thoughts?"

"I'm here Dylan I was just looking at something that's all"

"Well you should eat because you skipped breakfast, remember?"

"Yeah"

The bells had rung again, recess is over. I was so lost in my thoughts about her. Who could she be?

'Xavier snap out of your thoughts we're gonna be late to class.' Thank you inner voice. I was gonna be late and Ms Roberts hates it when I'm late to her class.

I didn't realize I was in a hurry till I bumped into someone. I looked up to see the new girl.

"I'm sorry," she said hurriedly.

Before I could say anything she already had left. She must be late for her class too.

Vivian King

I was rushing to my history class when accidentally bumped into someone. Shoot, it was the same guy I had locked eyes with earlier. Geez this is awkward.

"I'm sorry" I blurted it out and immediately left before I humiliated myself again.

Way to go Vi, now focus on getting to class.

Luckily I was on time.

"Class we have two new students that will be joining us today. This is Vivian and Lily. Vivian, could you please introduce yourself."

"Hi everyone, I'm Vivian King. I just moved here from Hawaii about a week ago. I hope we can get to know each other." I said with a shy smile.

"And I'm Lily Williams, I also moved here a week ago. Nice to meet you"

"Lily, you may take a seat next to Nathan..." Nathan raised his hand so Lily could know where she was supposed to be seated. "...and Vivian next to Xavier."

Me and Lily nodded and went to our seats. Out of all people, why him? I just locked eyes and bumped into him. Keep it cool Vi he's just a guy.

*****

Class had finally ended, the class was pretty interesting but had loads of homework. I didn't mind doing it as I usually finish it quite fast.

"Hey Vi, I think I'm gonna be up all night doing homework"

"Yeah me too"

Lily scoffed and said "You're lying you can finish it in a few hours but I can't"

"Don't worry Li, I'll help you I promise"

"You better help me or you won't be sleeping tonight"

Mental note 01 never ever get on Lily's bad side, it's not nice. I remember that I forgot to get her a gift on her birthday as it broke and she freaking chased me the whole house. The house had 4 floors and was super wide, and we were running. Lily wasn't tired but I was literally hyperventilating and she was laughing at me.