Chapter eighteen | Double date

Vivian King

I woke up the next day and WAIT- I thought I fell asleep in the car yesterday, how am I here? I decided to take a quick shower to calm myself down first. As I was about to leave my room, a bright pink note on my nightstand caught my eye. It was from Xavier.

Hey love, you fell asleep in the car so I carried you back to your room yesterday. I didn't want you to panic about anything so I wrote this small note to you. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow <3

A smile unknowingly formed across my face. He's the best.

I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I heard some noises coming from the kitchen as I made my way there. To my surprise, Xavier was making something. That makes me wonder, how on earth did he even get in here? Gosh he looks hot while cooking. I didn't realize I was staring until he called me out.

"Morning, princess"

"Princess? I thought you used to call me love"

"I gonna call you both, I may or may not have a list of nicknames for you"

I chuckled as I went to give him a back hug.

"What are you making?"

"Chocolate waffles with strawberries, your favorite" he says while cutting some strawberries and placing them on the plate.

"Thanks babe"

"Your welcome princess"

*****

After 10 minutes, Xavier finally finished cooking. He brought the two plates of waffles to the dining table and I began to dig in. I have to admit, it tastes wonderful.

"I didn't know you could cook. This tastes insanely amazing" I said while shoving a big piece of waffle in my mouth.

"Well, I bought a cookbook when I was younger. It contains very easy recipes and that's where I learned how to cook"

I smiled.

"We should go on a date after we fly back to California"

"Of course we should"

"We should also drag Lily and Isaiah along"

"Drag me to where now?" Lily suddenly appeared behind me.

"Geez Li, will you not sneak up on me like that?

"Sorry not sorry, I have nothing else better to do"

"Lily, I made some extra waffles. Would you like some?" Xavier chipped in.

"Yes please, I'm starving"

And with that Xavier went to fetch some waffles for her. Then, we were just planning our date. We decided to go to the beach since it's summer and the weather is really nice. But we'll have to fly back to Cali first of course.

*****

After about 2 hours, we were gonna board the jet. I have already packed all my stuff and decided to go with a very simple outfit.

 I have already packed all my stuff and decided to go with a very simple outfit