Chapter 5: Caffeine Fiend

Third Person pov:

As she got ready, Marinette decided to text Tim and remind him that she'd be in the building that he works at today.

Blueberry: Hey, we're touring W.E. today. Just a small reminder. I hope to see you there!

Timber: I remember. I'll be in meetings most of the day, but I'll try to slip down to meet you guys in the cafeteria for lunch.

Blueberry: Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Are you sure you'll make it?

Blueberry: Didn't Alfred ban you from coffee yesterday for the rest of the week?

Timber: No...

Timber: Maybe...

Timber: Okay, he banned me for two days, but that was about 36 hours ago, so I only have to survive twelve more before I can get my next fix.

Blueberry: Timmy, I'm concerned for you...

Timber: I'll be finneeeee! Nothing to worry about...

Blueberry: Uh huh, sure. I totally believe that.

Blueberry: I gotta go, but I'll text you later!

Timber: See ya, Blueberry!

"Come on, Chloe... We have to get ready." Marinette finished tying a ribbon in her hair as she called out to her friend. They needed to get going if they wanted to grab coffee before the tour.

"Five more minutes..."

Letting out a sigh, Marinette grabbed a spare pillow off her bed and walked over toward Chloe. She raised it above her head before slamming it down on Chloe's face.

The blonde bolted upright with a loud squeal. Turning to glare at the offending pillow, Chloe narrowed her eyes at her friend's sheepish grin. It was so on. She grabbed a pillow of her own before swinging it at Marinette's side.

The girls traded blows back and forth for several minutes, laughing loudly at their shenanigans until Tikki interrupted.

"You guys are going to be late, you know."

Both girls stopped in their tracks, dropping their pillows, they sprinted around the room grabbing whatever they needed to finish getting ready for the day of touring.

Marinette made sure to put a few snacks into her bag for Tikki and Kalkki before slipping on the glasses, which transformed into a light blue frame to match her outfit. 

She could hear Chloe finishing up in the bathroom as she put on her shoes, so Marinette grabbed her purse and slipped the room key into it for later.

Chloe emerged from the bathroom perfectly put together, as always. Marinette still didn't know how she always managed to do that, but she wasn't going to question it right now. They had places to go and people to see.

"Ready?"

Chloe rolled her eyes as she grabbed her own purse and let Pollen fly into it. "Always." Linking her arm with Marinette's, Chloe led them both out the door and down the hall toward the lift. Once she pressed the button, they had to wait for it to get to their floor.

"You'd think that a fancy hotel like this would have a faster elevator."

Marinette sent her friend a soft smile while pointing out a possible explanation. "I'm sure there's just a lot of people heading out for work right now."

"Your unwavering faith in humanity never ceases to amaze me, Maribug." Chloe rolled her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time since they left Paris, but returned her friend's smile nonetheless. She didn't want to be a total bitch, especially not to her best friend.