Chapter 1

Cover by MarinkadeMeutter

Graduation. One of the most happiest ones in any girl's life. The feeling of freedom and knowing your future is about to kick off as the next best thing, besides the day you walk down the aisle. But that day was also the exact opposite for a girl.

Maya had sat in the Matthews apartment in her graduation gown, tears streaming down her face, as Riley had sat just across her best friend with her boyfriend.

"I told you," Riley said as her boyfriend and parents looked at her.

"What? He did the exact same to me in junior high and you guys know that. With the exact same..."

"Okay, we get it. You forget that Missy tried the same with me. Maya, I'm so sorry. I really thought you and Lucas made a nice couple," Charlie said as Maya exhaled.

"So did I. I dedicated my life to him. I was going to move to Texas for him," Maya said suddenly realizing what she had said as her head fell into her hands and she loudly groaned.

"Texas. I have nowhere to go for college. I'm certainly not moving again," Maya said as Cory handed her a document.

"I enrolled you into NYU just in case something would happen. I hate that something did happen," Cory said as they saw how Josh came into the apartment.

"What happened? Who died?" Josh asked as Topanga shook her head and Charlie stood up.

"You coming with?" Charlie asked as Josh looked at him.

"I'm gonna go and teach Lucas the lesson he deserves for cheating on poor Maya," Charlie said as Josh looked at him before storming out of the apartment.

"See ya," Charlie said as he was off.

"Great. How bad is he..."

"Josh is pretty strong," Cory said as Maya groaned.

"So basically Lucas is gonna get killed. Amazing," Maya said as she grabbed her handbag.

"Gonna chase him? Brave," Riley said.

"No, I'm going home," Maya said.

"Smart," Cory said as Maya went out of the apartment.