Chapter 4

The fact of being alone and the same thought going through your mind time and time again. That was something that Maya wasn't looking forward to after her breakup with Lucas, but she wasn't alone. It was a late Sunday afternoon and she and Josh were walking through the streets of New York. He wanted Maya not to be on her own, and so did everyone else, so Maya was never alone. Someone was always with her when she would be alone at home and that made her feel like she could do anything.

"So, why the sudden attention?" Maya asked as Josh looked at her.

"We want you to know we are here for you. And for you not to be alone," Josh said.

"And all of a sudden, out of the blue, you decided that you would be the best person to always be by my side?" Maya asked as Josh chuckled.

"I thought that someone familiar might be a good idea. I'm worried about you," Josh said.

"So is everyone else. Your brother has been checking in a lot more often on me. I went through a breakup. I'm not suicidal," Maya said.

"Oh, trust me, we know. Because if that was the case, I would have moved in and nagged you until you were crazy, so I know you're not suicidal," Josh said as Maya smiled and stopped.

"You also have a life, Josh. One that needs to carry on. You guys can't live your lives and babysit me like you guys have been. It's not fair," Maya said as Josh shook his head.

"I am living my life, but I also want to make sure you are okay," Josh said as Maya threw her arms around his neck, pulling Josh in closer to her body.

"Thank you," Maya said.