Life Hearts

I apologize for the terrible creeper art. I've never been good at drawing creepers, and this one's pretty rushed.

Hope the prologue was dramatic enough to get you to read this part :)

-Indigo

~~~

This is Third Life. You have three lives in this small world. While on your first life, your only goal is to survive. Your second life is the same. But on your Red Life, your priorities change... Let's see what chaos ensues, shall we?

I woke up in a forest.

Green leaves rustled in the breeze. Birds chirped and insects buzzed. It was beautiful.

I could have just layed there forever, watching the sun climb across the sky. But the pristine view was soon interrupted when a head blocked my vision.

"Who're you?"

"Aaaah!"

"Well, hello Aaaah, pleasure to meet you."

"No... you just startled me. My name's Blue. Uhh, who are you?" I had asked that question too many times already.

He finally backed off. I could see him better now. He had blonde hair and pale blue eyes, with a headband that failed to hold his messy hair back.

"Martyn!" He said enthusiastically, then frowned. "At least that's what the creepy guy with the wings told me. Isn't it strange that I can't remember anything before a weird dream? Can you remember anything?" He kept talking without waiting for an answer. I had a feeling he was going to be pretty annoying.

But part of what he said was somewhat comforting. At least I wasn't the only one with crazy, possibly coma-induced dreams of a scary being who offered me a sword and then sent me to another world. That sword was nowhere to be seen, by the way.

"Uh hey, Martyn?" I said, interrupting his long string of words. "Did you...did you have that dream? About our goal?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess."

"What do you think it meant by our priorities changing?"

"Dunno. Do you know how to make a pickaxe?"

I thought about it, and just as I was about to say no, I remembered something. "I think I'm good."

The more I thought about how to survive, the more I remembered. I knew the basics about this world, like what to avoid and how to get food, but I couldn't remember my experiences with those memories.

Martyn insisted on helping me get started anyway since he already had iron tools and he was bored. So I made a very talkative friend.

The first bit of action came in the caves. We were searching for a little bit of iron to make an axe, when Martyn yelled, "BEHIND YOU!" Following it was a loud sound, like hissing. The sound of a creeper.

I whirled around, my shield instantly up, to see Martyn standing alone. No creeper.

And he was laughing SO hard.

"Seriously?! You scared the daylights out of me!"

Martin wiped a tear from his eye. "Ha ha ha haa... I'm trying to get everyone," he said.

"How did you even do that?"

"I have this little recorder thing. I don't know where it came from, but it's sure fun to prank with."

I took a deep breath and turned back around to mine the coal I had spotted right before the incident.

After I was fully outfitted in iron and had iron tools and even a diamond pickaxe, we headed back to the surface to look for other people.