Pizza's Plight

On my adventure the next morning, I decided to go to the Sandlands first.

I wanted to check up on progress with Grian and see if he had discovered anything else about the rules of Third Life. I also wanted to spy on Scar a little bit to see if he was planning anything.

Once in the desert, I found myself wandering to the cobblestone box where Pizza lived. I wanted to take the llama up the hill so that Scar would have no choice but to keep it there, because the poor thing had been stuck in a box the entire time we had been in this world.

But Pizza was nowhere to be found. The only indication of what had happened to him was that there was a sign on the side of the box.

Pizza Lives

A little concerned, I turned toward Monopoly Mountain and did a double take.

Almost overnight, a cute little castle had appeared on the crest of Monopoly Mountain. It was made of sandstone and wood, so it blended well with the desert landscape. It was adorable.

Scar or Grian could have built it, but I had to admit I hadn't seen the builder side of either, if they had one.

I trudged to the base of the new staircase and saw a wall that had a list of the Sandlands' friends and enemies.

I was alarmed to see Ren, Martyn, and for some reason, Cleo and Bdubs on the "Most Wanted Kill List" but I was on the "Kill Slightly Later" list. Grian had obviously done some convincing for my case, but he wasn't doing anything for Ren and Martyn.

"Hello," Grian said from behind me.

I jumped. "OH MY GOSH GRIAN."

He laughed. I thought that he and Martyn would have been good friends if Scar didn't hate Renchanting.

"This is Scar's Reputation Board. I think you were there the other day when he scammed Cleo? He promised her reputation points for her chestplate? But yeah, I thought they were just fake, but he's actually made a reputation board."

"Have you seen Pizza's box yet?"

"Yeah. Scar's devastated. He heard that Cleo has him."

I didn't know Cleo had stolen Pizza. That was probably why she and Bdubs were on the Most Wanted list. "That's actually pretty smart of her. Pizza would be a huge bargaining chip."

"That's the thing. Scar could give up something that we need in exchange for that llama."

"I'll do what I can to get her to give it back, but I don't know. Cleo's really stubborn."

"Thanks."

I wasn't just helping Grian, I was helping myself. If Scar gave away something they needed, like armor, then he could die. And once he was red, he would be after Renchanting and the Crastle and then me. That was bad.

I left the Sandlands and went south to the flower forest on the way to the Crastle.

The hobbits lived in a tiny valley with a pond at the bottom. I started to think that I should have settled there. The hobbits themselves, Scott and Jimmy, seemed very familiar, and I thought they might have come from X Life.

Scott Major had a different accent than a lot of other people, but I couldn't place it because I couldn't remember him. He had cyan hair and blue eyes. There sure were a lot of people with blue eyes in this world.

Jimmy Solidarity was very awkward and obviously didn't know what he was doing, though he pretended he did. He had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. I had a soft spot for him immediately.