A Matter of Time

There was peace in the world for the first time in forever. Most of the Red Names had satisfied their thirsts for revenge by then, so there was really no point in the Red Army anymore. Grian was still in hiding, but now that Scar was gone the Army wanted nothing to do with him. Ren was back to normal, if still a king, but he was Ren again. The hobbits were still on his list, but the Army decided not to go after them just yet.

I went to visit Grian for the second time. While the first time he was sulking because he was yellow, now he was sulking because Scar was gone. He yelled at me to go away, that he needed time. I left.

Ren was more or less back to his old self. Whatever had possessed him earlier had released its hold, at least for now. But when I confronted him about my Watcher theory, he shut me out and muttered things like, "twice now, with two different people," "I miss Pamela," and "why is it always me?" It was probably a reference to his past. But it worried me. His mutterings seemed to mean that he had been influenced by the Watcher or someone similar before.

Etho made sure that I knew that if I made one misstep, he would be on top of me. But he decided to leave me be for a while because I had given him the tree, even if Scar did burn it down again.

I also had found out that Pizza, the llama I had tried so hard to stop from causing a war, had been killed - the Red Army had hunted him down as a victory kill right after they killed Scar. That was just plain barbaric.

The only deaths that occurred were those from natural causes, like fall damage or monsters, but they were still sad when they happened.

But what made me nervous was that the Red Army was growing - Bigb had joined. Impulse thought about joining as a mole, but then we convinced him otherwise. We weren't officially enemies yet. There was no real point.

But then suddenly, Ren lost control. The Red Army struck again.

They swarmed the Hobbit Holes, determined to kill Jimmy and Scott. Grian, who apparently finally decided to be useful, joined the battle on the hobbits' side, or at least that was what I assumed from the death messages.

Jimmy Solidarity was slain by Ren Dog
Scott Major was slain by Etho Slab
Bigb Statz was shot by Scott Major
Scott Major was shot by Martyn Thicket

Jimmy was out. Scott was red. Bigb was yellow. Grian... had apparently somehow escaped.

It was only a matter of time before the Red King came for us, for no other reason than we were still alive.

~~~

Sorry this chapter was so short, I couldn't think of anything good to say...

In case you haven't noticed, each chapter is one session/episode, so that's why some are long and some are short. But it's kind of hard to figure it out in the chapters after Blue kills Grian because there are so many changes.

-Indigo