Demon/Rogue: Vincent

Vincent + Rush

First Date

Tonight wasn't going to be good. I could already sense a disaster happening. Biting my lips, I glanced in the mirror again and tried again to get my hair to fall right. I should just cancel. This was a lost cause.

Clothes were scattered about my bedroom. I was failing at getting my hair to stop sticking up in the back. Stephen was running around the house screaming from a sugar high, because I was too busy trying to get ready that I need notice him get into the chocolate chips.

Groaning, I gave up and left the bathroom. I gathered up all the discarded clothes and tossed them in the closet.

"Stephen," I called.

I entered the living room to find my son bouncing on the couches and hurled his toy cars across the room. "Stephen," I snapped. I marched over and grabbed him. "You know better. Pick them up now." I set him on the ground and went to his bedroom to find his coat.

With a sigh, I shook my head. He had destroyed this room as well. Come tomorrow that pup was helping me clean. I dug around in the closet, but ended up finding his jacket in the toy box.

Going to the living room, I found Stephen climbing onto a stool to get into more cabinets.

"Stephen," I said firmly.

With his tail between his legs, he crawled back down and gave me a shy smile.

I held out the jacket. He ran over and held out his arms, so I could put it on. Kneeling down, I fitted the zipper together and did it up for him. "You're to be good. Alright?"

He nodded.

"Mind your manners and don't beg for food."

"'kay." His tail flicked back and forth.

I was ready for this growth spurt to be over with. Dominants even as pup ate way more food than I could image would fit in his stomach. I fixed the neckline of my son's jacket. It wouldn't be long before he was taller than me.

"There, go clean up your toys." I scratched him under his muzzle. "And behave until Rush gets here."

"Rush!" he yelled before running off to gather up all his toys.

Sucking in my lips, I sat down on the couch. The night ahead was stirring up my nerves. I just hoped it everything went well. I don't think we do anything too serious. Would he try and kiss me?

Pouting, I sunk into the couch. I hadn't kissed anyone in a long time. Honestly, I'd only kissed Brock. I wrung my hands together. Maybe it was best if he didn't kiss me, since I was probably horrible at it.

The doorbell rang, and my heart rate picked up.

"Rush," called Stephen, dropping his load of toys and charging the door.

I hurried after the pup and held him back as I let the alpha in. The boy slipped past me and practically climbed up Rush's leg.

He gave me a smile, before handing me the bouquet of an arrangement of spring flowers. My face flushed red. I hadn't expected him to get me something. Was I supposed to get him something?

I took them and pressed my nose to one of the lilies. "Thank you."

They smelled really good. Stephen attacked the man as I went to the kitchen. The pup grabbed the alpha's hand and led him over to his trucks.

"Look, look." He handed Rush a red one.

The alpha laughed. "Oh that's a nice one."

He pushed them around the floor with Stephen as I found a vase to put the flower in. Once finished, I set them on the table and stood by the counter.