You&Me: Saigon+Archer

Kitchen Mess

I sat on the floor in the living room with my chin resting on the couch, listening to the clock. My tail flicked from side to side as I waited. What was taking him so long to get home? I let out a sigh.

Voices sounded outside. My head perked up, and I listened. I knew that deep voice. The locked turned. I jumped up and tried to act casual sprawled across the couch.

Saigon opened the door and flashed me a smile. "Hey."

"Hi." I stretched my arms overhead and slowly stood. "How was your day?"

"Midterms are done."

I felt my spirits jump. My tail nearly started waging, but I forced it to stop. "Do you feel good about then?"

Saigon shrugged and went into the kitchen. "I'm not too worried."

I followed.

"What did you do today?" He sat down and took off his shoes.

"Cleaned up a bit." I glanced at the laundry room. I cleaned a lot. Saigon was a walking disaster. I scratched my shoulder.

Saigon took off his clothes and slipped up behind me. "Is it bothering you?"

I shook my head. "No, why would it?"

He shifted and grated his teeth along the mark. "I just worry sometimes." He nuzzled my neck. "I've been neglecting you the last few weeks. I get worried my healing enzyme isn't working as well."

"My leg is fine, Saigon." I glanced back at him.

"The doctor said it'll be awhile before it's a hundred percent."

I turned around. "I'm fine. There's no pain. Being here with you is giving me plenty of healing time."

"Do you want to go running?"

"Well..." I bowed my head. "Tonight, after dark..."

"It'll be the full moon. I'm been so busy I forgot." He put his arms around me. "We could go somewhere. There're a few hiking trails not too far away."

I shook my head. "I'd rather stay inside. Rather not chance being seen."

He leaned into my ear. "Humans don't hike at night." Kissing my cheek, he went passed me to the fridge.

I glared at him. "It has nothing to do with humans."

"Sure, it doesn't." Saigon took out a beer and a water bottle. "Do you want something else?"

"Water is fine."

He put it on the counter and grabbed another beer.

I wandered over to the counter and opened up the bottle. "Midterms must have been harder than you said."

Saigon gave me a toothy grin before popping the cap off his beer. "Maybe a little bit."

"What do you want to eat?"

He raised a brow. "Do you plan on cooking?"

I nodded. "Yeah. My dad taught me a few things."

"Um... we don't have a campfire."

"I've been here long enough to know how to use a stove." I narrowed my eyes at him. "I can make us something. Since you're tired."

Saigon opened a fridge and took out some chicken and steak.

"Your father would be disgusted that you bought that."

He gave me an unimpressed look. "I lived with my grandparent, remember? Besides chicken is good. Make whichever you want. I'm going to sit down for a bit."