Polar Flux: Fin+Zoran

Punishment and Reward (Part 1)

Zoran stood with his arms folded in front of my two accomplices and me. "You three nearly killed my garden."

I glanced at Yuki. The black dragon had his head hung low, while Uther didn't show any signs of remorse. It was the bastard's fireball and flapping around like an idiot that collapsed the tunnel.

"Thank god, Mahkah was able to fix it." He eyed us. "Anything to say for yourselves?"

"I said I was sorry."

The god turned to the dragons. "Yuki, Uther?"

Yuki laid down on the ground and whimpered. Uther turned away from Zoran. I had to keep myself from smiling. I hoped Zoran blasted the smug beast.

"Uther?"

The dragon let out a huff and bowed his head.

"No more messing around in the underground tunnels." He lifted a finger. "And you"—Zoran narrowed his eyes at me—"find something else to entertain yourself. Because this better not happen again."

"It wasn't just me," I muttered. "All I was doing was hanging out with Yuki and Uther ruined it."

"Don't lie to me. I know you too well, Fin. Now, get upstairs." He stepped to the side so I could pass.

Shoving my hands in my pocket, I marched to the stairs.

"You two are coming with me."

I glanced over my shoulder to see Zoran leading the dragons down the tunnel. So we may have pushed a couple of Uther's buttons, but he was the one that went crazy. It was Uther who tried to fly in an underground tunnel and hit the roof. I chewed on my fingernails. I had a feeling that Zoran wasn't going to let me off yet.

I took my time to get back to the bedroom. Zoran was waiting when I arrived. He had piles of books spread out over the table.

"Did you take a detour?"

Shaking my head, I went and to sit down. "No, it's just a lot of stairs."

"You're no longer a baby bird."

I scoffed. "News to me."

He turned a page and ran his finger down it. "Still a toddler, but you're older enough to know how to fly."

I cursed under my breath. "No one asked you."

Zoran wrote something down. "Follow me."

"To where?"

"You'll see." He entered the maze of junk that he saw some use in.

I sunk down in my seat and scowled at the fireplace. Black smoke swirled around my neck and grazed my cheek.

"Don't make me ask twice, Fin."

"Bastard." I stood and shoved my chair in with more force than needed. Marching after the god, I wandered through the different paths until I was able to find him toward the back of the room. "What?"

"Attitude." Zoran rolled out a scroll on his desk.

Clenching my jaw, I rolled my eyes.

"Yuki and Uther are spending the day cleaning up your mess."

"Our mess," I said under my breath. I may have played a part but I wasn't the who made it collapse.

Zoran arched a brow. "You will be helping me today."