XI

Moments later...
"We made it!" Andre called out as he entered the room. "Andre?" Matthew said from behind a
chair. "What happened?!" Cadet asked. "The spider came back to life... it's as if... something
brought him back to life..." Laney said from behind a chair. "Is everyone alright?" Andre asked.
"No... The spider got to Jessie... and Olympia used her speed to distract it..." Laney explained.
"I think I know what's going on..." Cadet said. "What's he doing here anyways?" Connor asked.
"Wasn't he trying to kill us moments ago?"
"He was just aiming for Lady Lion... She is the reason Devyn died... She is also the reason
John died..." Andre explained. "She rigged the house to tip over on us and make one of us
fall... she tripped John, so he would get caught by the spider..."
"She was the reason that we lost people... She is even the reason you guys had to reprogram...
she redid your memories against him because he figured the secret..." Andre explained. "So... Lady Lion was a fraud?" Apollo asked. "Unfortunately... yes... but thanks to me she is gone now..." Cadet asked. "What about Axel?" Connor asked. "Once we escape, we can rebuild them as two different people... right Laney?" Andre asked. "Yeah, we can do that... I mean it would help me learn more about engineering..." Laney responded. "However, the blueprints for his eyes are trapped in a room with a deep evil Lady Lion was teaming with..." Andre said. "Yeah, his name is Arrinor... He is the dream demon who created this realm and plans to merge it with reality..."
"There are blueprints for Cadet's eyes in the room Arrinor is trapped in... we need them for
Cadet..." Andre said. "But isn't that room full of everyone's deepest nightmares?" Apollo asked.
"Unfortunately yes..." Cadet asked. "Which means only the fearless can enter..."
"I vote that Andre should go in..." Jordan said. "He did save me from the demonic clown..."
"he also saved us during a maze..." Jayce added. "He even sacrificed himself when we all
thought we were going to be ripped apart by Cadet..." Connor added. "I don't know guys... I'm
not that fearless..." Andre said.
"Are you kidding me? You gain courage when everything's at stake... You put everyone else
first, even at the cost of your life..." Bennett said. "You put together a group to find me and I feel
safer knowing that I have my big brother to protect me..." Matthew said. "You guys are lucky that I don't want to risk any of you... I'll do it..." Andre said. "But... I need someone to come with me..."
"I'll do it..." Someone said from behind. Everyone turned around to see Devyn alive and
in person at the doors. "Devyn!" Andre said, running to hug him. "I thought you were dead!"
"Well lucky for you... I landed in a pile of snow that cushioned the fall..." Devyn said, rubbing his head. "I saw blood splatter?!" Andre added. "Well, I had landed on a crate of tomatoes covered in a deep layer of snow," Devyn replied. "So that red was squashed tomatoes?" Laney asked. "Good to know..."
Andre turned to Cadet as if to ask a question. "Where's the room?" Andre asked. "It's in the deepest part of this place next to the room you met us in..." Cadet said. "I'll escort you there, but from there... you and Devyn are on your own..."
"Yeah, we have to keep everyone else safe from the librarian and the spider..." Apollo said. "We
don't even know if Olympia is still alive... she probably got trapped in a room..."
"Okay... Ready Devyn?" Andre asked. "Ready..." Devyn responded.
Moments later, in front of a door that was half rainbow and half black...
"This is it..." Cadet said. "Be careful..."
"We will..." Andre said, opening the door. "And Andre... remember... you have nothing to
fear..." Cadet added as Andre turned to look at him. "I know..." Andre said before he and Devyn
went down the stairs to a giant daycare-looking basement.