XIII

In the final room...

"Be extra careful down here..." Andre said. "I know..." Devyn responded. "Devyn Martinez!" someone shouted from behind. "Where are you going?"

Devyn turned around surprised to see his band director. "Oh no..." Devyn said. "What is it?" Andre said, turning around. "Oh boy... We've been spotted..." Andre grabbed Devyn by the hand and rushed down the stairs as the band director started chasing them with a high-pitched scream.

"You two get back here!" the director screamed as their eyes rolled back and blood slowly dripped from every hole on their face. "GET BACK HERE!" the director screamed. "Don't go!"

"Devyn, over here!" Andre said, pulling Devyn into a small hole that was able to fit them both.

The director ran past screaming. "Phew..." Andre said. "Glad we escaped, but now to find the blueprints..."

Andre pulls out two flashlights after coming out of the hole.

"Here..." Andre said, handing one over to Devyn. The two slowly navigated the dark room of floor five. "This place is big..." Devyn said. "It's too big..." Andre muttered. "Why hello there..." a deep voice said from behind. "Welcome to the room of worst nightmares..."

"You must be Andre... and you must be Devyn... I've been watching you from this room..." the man said.

"You must be Arrinor then..." Andre said. "Oh, so you do know me..." Arrinor said with a grin. "You're the demon of dreams... you made this realm to capture people in hopes to get yourself free..." Devyn said. "Oh, so he told you..." Arrinor said with a smile. "That's not the whole story..."

"Cadet is a fine fellow... he is protective... He knows how to act... and he is keen to stir up trouble when needed..." Arrinor said. "He knew my plan before anyone else..."

"I mean... That's why his eyes were destroyed..." Arrinor said. "Hope you find the blueprint boys..." Arrinor said with a sinister smile before fading away.

"We need to hurry and escape..." Andre said. Just then, the walls started to violently shake, and the floor started to crack up. "Devyn! We have to go now!" Andre shouted. The floor between the two broke up and split them.

"Devyn!" Andre shouted. "I'll be okay!" Devyn shouted back. "You keep going... I'll find a way to meet up with you!"

"Be careful!" Andre shouted back. "I will!" Devyn shouted before walking off to look for an escape.

Andre looked down into the bottomless pit that stood between them. "Sigh... Maybe this is the way to the blueprint..." Andre said to himself as he walked away.