Chapter 1: Where am I?

Hello! Thank you sooooooooooo much for reading this story! I am super excited to start this story! This is a enemies-to-friends-to-lovers story about Y/N (your name) and Camilo Madrigal. DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTER FROM ENCANTO! Anyways, I really hope you enjoy this story! 

Y/N & Camilo are 15 and this story takes place a few months after the events of Encanto. I am not super well versed in Spanish, so if I make a mistake I apologize. (also I don't know how to type Spanish accent marks over letter on my computer)

ENJOY!!!!!

The blinding lights shine into my eyes as I begin to awake from my slumber, blinking and rubbing my eyes. I begin to look around and...wait a second...

"Where am I?" Wait another second! "WHO AM I?"I practically scream as I bolt up. 

Looking around, it seems as though I'm lying on a forest floor, covered in dirt and grime. The clothes I'm wearing are ragged and covered in holes and dirt. How did this happen?!

Okay, okay, okay. The best thing to do is to just get up and figure out where I am. 

As I begin to walk around, I see a very old and clearly rarely used dirt pathway a few feet away. The path seems as though nothing, not even a squirrel, has stepped foot on it in 10 years. Scratch that, 20 years. Tree roots have broken through some of the looser dirt in the path and abandoned spiderwebs dangled from the overgrown branches. 

Welp, no other path to take. I take a deep breath and start my journey along the treacherous path. 

Seemingly forever, but probably just a few hours pass, and I finally am able to see a small town tucked between the mountainous terrain surrounding it. As I enter the little town, a large, but somehow dainty looking house grabs my attention. The house seems to have some glimmer of energy, like some sort of magic feel. No, no, no! I don't know what I'm thinking. Besides, I can't get distracted from trying to figure out what happened to me and why I can't remember anything. I shake my head to get the intriguing house out of my mind. 

As I begin to look around the town, but its a bit difficult with all the townspeople whispering and staring at me. I don't look that bad do I? Eventually, a young woman with auburn-brown curly locks tied up over her head, secured with a bright red bandanna races up to me and quietly says, "Are you okay?! You clearly aren't from this town. You look as though you haven't eaten in days! Come with me, my family will help you out."

Honestly, I don't really have another option. I'm getting dizzier by the second and I need to get some food in me before I flop over. "Okay," I reply to the woman.

She nods and begins walking me towards to large house I had been drawn to when I first entered the town. She leads me though the door and the first thing I see is another woman with long red hair stomping around, trailed by a short, curly brown and grayish haired man. That wasn't the weird part though. The woman seemed to have a storm cloud ABOVE HER HEAD!?!?! WHAT?

I stare at the woman and when she catches my eye she gasps. The red bandanna young woman next to me says to her, "Mama, go get Tia Julieta, quick!"

The storm cloud lady nods and rushes out of the room, leaving the man behind. He and the young woman lead me to what seems to be their kitchen and I take a seat, too dizzy to stand.

"What is your name? I'm Dolores by the way, and this is my papa, Felix," she whispers.

"Ummmmm...I don't really know...." I respond.

"What?!" Felix says. "Do you remember where you are from or who your parents are?"

"No," I reply. "I woke up in the middle of a forest and couldn't remember anything. I saw a old path and followed it here. Where am I?"

Dolores opens her mouth to say something, but gets cut off by the storm cloud woman hurrying in with another woman and man. The woman is wearing a blue apron and the man is wearing a blue suit. The blue apron woman gasps when she sees me and rushes to the stove and starts cooking something. The blue suit man walks over and stands next to Felix. 

"Why does everyone gasp when they see me?" I say suddenly.

"Well, um, just...here you go," Dolores hands me a little mirror compact.

I look in the mirror and see scratches along the left bottom part of my chin. My cheeks are sunken in and there are heavy bags under my eyes. To put it blatantly, I look horrible. "Oh.." What happened to me?

Before I can say anything, the woman in the apron hands me a warm, freshly cooked arepa. I take a bite and it is DELICIOUS. It almost seems as though it is melting away all the pain in my body. I practically shove the rest in my mouth, and try to thank the woman, but with all the food in my mouth, it instead comes out as, "Hak oou."

I begin to hand the mirror back to Dolores, but before I can, I get another glimpse of myself in the mirror. My injuries are completely gone, and my face is no longer sunken in and I don't look as though I woke up not too long ago in the middle of nowhere.

"What...?" I whisper. I look up at the woman in the apron, and she smiles. "Of course, you're not from this town, you don't know of the gifts of the Madrigals," she says sweetly. "You can call me Julieta. I can heal anyone with my cooking."

I stare at her, thinking it must be a ridiculous lie, but...how did my face heal? And the other woman had a storm cloud hovering over her. What is happening?!

"Why doesn't she join us for dinner, so we can explain everything to her," Felix says. "She looks to be around the same age as Camilo and Mirabel, so maybe she'll find some comfort in them."

"Wonderful idea, Felix. Is that okay with you sweetie?" Julieta asks. 

"I guess," I respond.

That was my first chapter!! Hope you enjoyed! Please stay tuned for my next chapter, I'm hoping to kick off the story with the first few chapters before really diving into the characters!