Prom

"No! I said stop." Ferbie swatted his sister's hand. It was finally prom night. Ferbie was as nervous as ever. Yet he was also ecstatic. He brushed off his brown suit jacket.

"Oh come on! You already let me put mascara on you. Just let me put a little foundation around your eyes." Mishil reached her brush towards Ferbie's face again.

"Sue me. I want my eyes to pop." He held Mishil's arm back.

"Ferbie!" Robin shouted from downstairs.

Ferbie and Mishil stopped fighting. Ferbie took a few deep breaths as he stumbled standing up from the bed. "How do I look?"

"Amazing." Mishil started packing up her makeup.

"And are you sure you're okay with setting up-"

"Ferbie!!" This time Ferbie's father joined Robin's yelling. Ferbie rolled his eyes.

Mishil giggled. "Yes I'll be fine. Now go! Go!" Mishil shooed him out of the room.

Ferbie bounced down the steps. As he got closer to the front door he could hear his parents chatting with Fubble. He turned the corner and froze when he saw Fubble, stunned by the beauty that he witnessed. Fubble's navy blue suit complimented his dark skin tone nicely, it was like he was glowing.

"Here he is." Ferbie's father, Hyun, cheered.

Fubble glanced at Ferbie. His eyes widened. Fubble cleared his throat, hoping to distract himself from his racing heart. Fubble couldn't help but grin from ear to ear, knowing he was the luckiest man tonight.

Ferbie finally snapped from his fantasy and speed-walked to Fubble. Fubble reached out and took his hands, placing them on Fubble's chest. Ferbie regretted that he didn't allow his sister to put foundation on him. He thought maybe it would hide his red cheeks.

"You look-" Fubble started but was quickly interrupted by Robin.

"Okay. Let's get a picture. Come on." She raised her phone as Hyun looked on.

The boys returned their hands to themselves quickly. Both of them turned red from the interruption. They stood beside each other and looked into the camera with a smile.

"Come on boys." Hyun sighed.

"Yeah don't be so stiff. Fubble, maybe put an arm around Ferbie?" Robin suggested, waving her free hand.

"And Ferbie," Hyun started again. "Hold Fubble. Lean onto him."

Ferbie rolled his eyes. "Appa, geumanhe." He mumbled in Korean to his father. Meaning; Dad, stop it.

Fubble wrapped his arm around Ferbie, pulling him in. Ferbie smirked and placed a hand on his chest. They both looked into the camera again and smiled, this time it seemed like their smiles were more genuine. The phone flashed causing both the boys to blink.

"Perfect." Robin smiled. She showed Hyun, who nodded in approval. "Okay boys, well have fun." Robin started as the boys walked to the door. "Fubble, bring him home before midnight."

"Will do, Mrs. Man." Fubble smiled.

The boys walked out the door to Fubble's car. After Fubble started the car, the boys sat in silence for a moment.

"You look really good by the way." Ferbie mentioned. "Like, wow level good."

"I wanted to say the same thing!" Fubble chuckled and started pulling out of the driveway. "But your mom interrupted me." He sighed. "Also, why the hell didn't I know you spoke Korean? It was hot."

Ferbie blushed bright red and laughed bashfully.

***

The slow tempo music guided Ferbie and Fubble as they swayed on the mostly empty dance floor.