Summer of 2018

It was the summer before senior year, a month before to be exact. Ferbie and Fubble were trying to relax in a local McDonald's. They sat on opposite sides of the booth, Ferbie sipped from a small sized iced tea as Fubble munched down on a junior chicken. 

"Do you want a bite?" Fubble muffled through a full mouth. He reached the chicken burger to Ferbie's side. 

Ferbie shook his head. "I'm good with iced tea." 

Fubble took his arms back. He pushed his tray closer to Ferbie, turning the tray so the fries were facing him. "How about a fry?" Fubble asked, his words sounding more clear. 

Ferbie looked up at him. He smirked, knowing he wasn't going to stop until Ferbie ate something. "Sure." Ferbie grabbed three, hoping that would satisfy him. Fubble grinned, finishing his chicken burger. The boys sat in silence for a little while longer as they chewed and swallowed. 

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" Ferbie asked once he was done.

Fubble reached for his drink. "Shoot." He took a gulp of strawberry fruitopia.

Ferbie glanced away sheepishly. "Do you think we make sense?" Fubble furrowed his eyebrows as Ferbie spoke. "Like as friends? Do you ever think we don't have enough in common?" He looked down at his hands as he fiddled with his thumbs.

"What are you talking about?" Fubble asked. He crossed his arms and leaned on the table with them. 

"Name one thing we have in common." Ferbie requested.

"We both like. . . Scary movies." Fubble replied, shrugging.

Ferbie rolled his eyes and met Fubble's gaze. "You hate horror movies." 

"Yeah, but I like watching them with you." Fubble stared back into Ferbie's eyes. "I may not like horror movies but when I'm with you,” He reached out and took Ferbie’s hand. “I feel like I can do anything. Even if I may squirm and run at the scary parts." He chuckled.

Ferbie could feel his face heat up. Fubble smirked when he saw the tint of red. Ferbie turned his head away again to try and hide the fact. "Yeah I guess you're right." He smirked. "It's like your musicals. I only like them with you."

Fubble gasped and pushed his hand away. "You said you loved Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again." Fubble nudged Ferbie's leg with his foot. Ferbie chuckled, instinctively covering his mouth with his hand. Fubble's frown softened when he heard his laugh. He started to giggle himself. 

***

Ferbie held Fubble's arm as they walked towards the school. He leaned against him, wrapping his arm in a tighter hug. Fubble felt his heart hitting his chest as if attempting to escape. 

"We should skip this period." Ferbie mumbled. "We could go hang out under the bleachers on the football field." He looked up to Fubble with his devilishly beautiful eyes. 

Fubble chuckled lightly at him. "That's very rebellious of you. Since when are you one to skip?"

Ferbie rolled his eyes and slowly released his grip from Fubble's arm. Fubble felt the goose bumps come as Ferbie's delicate hands traced his arm lightly before pulling away. 

"You comin' or not?" He started heading towards his destination.

Fubble watched him leave for a moment before snapping his attention back. He jogged up to catch up to him and wrapped his arm around him. Ferbie held onto his hand. 

They ducked under the metal bar that blocked their way and walked a few meters in. Fubble sat down on the dead grass and Ferbie sat himself on Fubble's lap. Fubble could feel his face grow warmer as Ferbie gazed deeper into his eyes.

"Fubble, you're so handsome. Do you mind if I stare?" Ferbie caressed his hair. 

"N-No! I don't mind at all. I hate when you get all bashful and turn away. So stare all you want!" Fubble placed his hands on Ferbie's waist, unable to keep them to himself any longer. He bit his lip staring at him.

Ferbie cupped both of Fubble's cheeks in his hands and gave him a coy smile. He leaned in closer and gently brushed the tips of their noses together. 

Fubble let out a high pitch nervous giggle. "Geez Ferbie." He tried to lean away to get a break from Ferbie's mesmerizing eyes. 

Ferbie kept his gentle hold on Fubble and guided him back in close. He slowly brought their lips closer together. Fubble could feel his warm breath against his lips and wondered what was taking so long for them to finally embrace. 

Ferbie smirked. "Don't forget to wake up." 

Fubble gasped as he jolted up from sleep. His face was red hot, his heart was racing, and it looked like he had pitched a tent. He laid back down and held onto his face. Of course. Nice. Good idea falling for your best friend. That can't go wrong. He rolled over, pulling his pillow over his head. Okay brain that's the last one! Unless the next one is really good. Like we actually bone or something. Oo what if we bone next time. Fubble sunk into his bed with a smile.