One Month Later

"Ferbie! Door!" Mishil yelled from downstairs, trying to cook dinner.

Ferbie jogged down the stairs and strolled to the door. He opened the door to find Fubble on the other side.
"Oh! Hey." Ferbie stepped forward to receive a kiss on the cheek from Fubble.

"Hey. So you know how Val and Ted are throwing that end of senior year party?" Fubble, unable to keep his hands to himself, took hold of Ferbie's hand and placed it on his shoulder. "I got there and realized you weren't there so I thought maybe I had offered you a ride and forgot. So are you ready to go?" Fubble nudged Ferbie as if to bring him out the door.

"Oh. Uh, I thought I told you. I didn't want to go to that." Ferbie stroked Fubble's shoulder. "I was hoping to use this weekend to study for my final exams."

Fubble pouted. "Are you sure? It's supposed to be fun." He kissed his cheek again.

"Well, I have two different question booklets for Chemistry that are going to be just as fun." Ferbie smirked. "You go and have fun." He pulled away, holding onto Fubble's hands.

Fubble sighed. "Okay fine." He  kissed Ferbie one last time and finally pulled away. "I'll text you."

***

A gentle tap at Ferbie's bedroom door snapped Ferbie out of his study mode. He paused the music playing from his phone as he replied with a, "It's open."

Mishil opened the door. "Someone is here to see you." She announced with a sly smile.

Ferbie furrowed his eyebrows, wondering who would be at the door right now. He walked out of his room and down the stairs. He turned the corner and saw Fubble standing by the front door.

"Hey." Ferbie walked to Fubble. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going to the party."

"Oh I did." Fubble pulled out a full bottle of Canadian whiskey from behind his back. "I went there and I stole this from the kitchen." He handed the bottle of whiskey to Ferbie. "I thought maybe we could drink, you could study, maybe I could quiz you." Fubble stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Ferbie. "I want to spend tonight with you."

Ferbie blushed and bit his lip. He avoided eye contact before saying, "That sounds like a better plan than studying sober." Ferbie made eye contact with Fubble again. "I would like to spend tonight with you too." He pulled away and took Fubble's hand, leading him up to his room.

Ferbie opened the door for Fubble. He placed the bottle of whiskey on his dresser. He started clearing the workbooks and worksheets off his bed. After he was done he turned to Fubble. "I'll get some glasses. I'll also see if we have some soda." Ferbie left the room, closing the door behind him.

Fubble looked around the room. He realized this was the first time he had been in Ferbie's room. Well, second but the last time he was here he was pretty distracted. Fubble bit his lip thinking of that night. He noticed a mirror above the dresser. Fubble walked closer to view himself and fix his hair. His eyes flicked to a photo in the corner of the mirror. Fubble took it from its place and examined it. I remember this. He reminisced on the trip the friend group took last summer to Canada's Wonderland. Dottie took this photo of Ferbie and Fubble in front of the waterfall. This wasn't one of the photos that Fubble had though. All of his photos had both Fubble and Ferbie looking into the camera. In this photo, Fubble flashed a goofy smile to the camera and Ferbie admired Fubble with a smile. There was a sharpie heart around Fubble's face. He blushed and bit his lip again. He placed the photo back in its space in the mirror.

Fubble turned around and walked to the bed to sit. He was stopped in his tracks by a peculiar book poking out from under the bed. One of his notebooks must have fallen. He thought as he bent over to pick it up. He flipped open the book to see what Ferbie was working on. Fubble wondered at the amazing art work he found on the inside. I never knew he drew! Fubble kept flipping through the pages.

The door opened. "Sorry that it took  so long but I found some coke and some cream soda." Ferbie placed the two bottles and the two glasses down on his dresser. He turned and stared wide eyed at Fubble. "Where did you find that?" He asked with a slight waver in his voice.

"It was under your bed. At first, I thought it was a notebook you dropped but this is awesome!" Fubble stopped flipping through the pages and looked to Ferbie. "Why haven't I seen these before?"

Ferbie shrugged. "I dunno. How about we put that back and start drinking?"

"Could you pour mine? I wanna keep looking." Fubble mumbled. He flipped another page.

Ferbie bit his lip, trying to think. "Hey! How about you quiz me? I'll just take this-" As Ferbie reached for the sketch book, Fubble pulled it away from him.

"Why don't you want me to look through this Ferbie?" Fubble raised an eyebrow.

Ferbie clenched his hands and looked at his feet. "It's embarrassing."

Fubble smirked. "I promise I'll still like you no matter what it is." He placed the sketch book in his lap.

Ferbie rolled his eyes. He met Fubble's eyes finally and sighed. He walked towards the bed and sat beside him. "Turn a couple more pages."

Fubble flicked about four or five pages before stopping. "Is this. . . me?" Fubble admired a drawing of him waving with a large smile. The shirt looked like his soccer uniform. "Is this what you were so embarrassed about? Ferbie, this is awesome!"

Ferbie blushed. "If you like that one so much, turn to the bookmarked page." Ferbie bit his lip, anxiously waiting for his reaction.

Fubble pulled on the pink sticky note that peeked out from the top of the book. He paused for a moment as he studied the drawing. "Is this me sleeping?" Fubble giggled. "When did you do this?"

"Well, remember after prom when we came back here and," Ferbie paused to find some delicate wording.

"Had the best sex of my life. Go on."

Ferbie couldn't fight off the large smile that spread across his face. "Um, well afterwards you kind of dozed off. I wanted to capture the moment."

Fubble flicked the page over to check the back. "Why is it bookmarked?"

Ferbie avoided Fubble's eyes and sighed. "Promise you'll still like me?"

Fubble chuckled and wrapped his arm around Ferbie. "Yes, of course."

"Sometimes, when I'm having trouble sleeping, I look at it and it makes me feel how I did that night." Ferbie turned back to look into Fubble's eyes.

Fubble closed the sketch book and slid it beside him on the bed. "How did you feel that night?"

"Calm, relaxed," Ferbie started to lean on his shoulder, "warm, safe, loved." Ferbie started to relax just thinking about that night.

Fubble held onto Ferbie for a while before responding, "There should never be a day that goes by where you don't feel loved. Because I do love you Ferbie."

Ferbie sat up and looked at Fubble. He was shocked, the man of his dreams just said I love you. He sat frozen for a moment before breaking a smile and responding, "I love you."

The boys smiled and giggled at each other before they couldn't stop themselves. Ferbie jumped up to kiss Fubble. Fubble wrapped his arms around his waist. Ferbie pushed his sketchbook onto the floor before Fubble laid them down. Ferbie gripped onto his shirt. Fubble pulled off of Ferbie's lips and chuckled.

"Wait, wait. As much as I want to distract you and I ," Fubble kissed him again. "desperately want to distract you. I should probably let you study." He sat them back up with Ferbie still on his lap.

"Fuck that. I just found out Fubble Kinder loves me. We're staying on this for a while." Ferbie pulled Fubble's shirt into him and connected their lips again.