seven | tense reunion

-SEVEN-

"What was that?" Exclaimed Ophir, his voice high with shock. Ophelia balled her fists and took another step back, taking deep, but slightly ragged, breaths. "That was not even one-hundredth of what I want to do with you right now." She snarled. 

"A simple 'hello' would've been nice, bloody hell--" He said, rubbing his red cheek. "And an announcement of your arrival would've been nice, too, but we don't always get what we want, do we?" She snapped. Kate walked into the room, looking at her phone, but her jaw dropped when she saw the two people in the room. 

"Ophelia, who the hell is that? And why does he look like you?" She asked, her voice an octave higher in her confused state. 

"He does not look like me." "I do not look like her." The twins scowled in unison. Ophelia glared at her brother, who simply smirked in reply. 

"Darling, meet Ophir. My...twin brother." Ophelia said in distaste. 

"OPHIR?!" Came two appalled voices from the couch. Asterin stormed over to the man and promptly punched him in the jaw as she yelled at him, "What were you THINKING, coming back here? You leave for a solid twenty-two YEARS, and now you have the AUDACITY to return?" 

Ophir massaged his jaw as he scowled, "This wasn't the type of welcome I was expecting." 

Ophelia scowled and slapped him again, "You left in the dark of night, left no note, no message, didn't call, didn't visit and you expect us to welcome you with open arms?!" Kate placed a hand on the Huntress' shoulder and whispered, "Calm down, Felita." 

"Already found a girl, eh?" Sneered Ophir, "I didn't know timid, scared little Lia could muster up enough courage to talk to someone, let alone ask them out." 

"You don't get to call me that, and I wouldn't expect you to know that I have changed, Ophir. It's not like you bothered to stay in touch, despite our numerous attempts. Plus, you don't get to call me 'Lia' anymore. You lost that privilege when you decided to leave me. Alone." She said, her voice cracking slightly. She took another step back and barely could control her sob as she added in a trembling, soft voice, "I was there, whenever you needed me. Where were you when I needed you, Ophir?" He simply stared back at his sister with unblinking silver eyes, while hers swam with tears held back for too long. "Please excuse me for a moment. I need to collect myself." She sniffed, wiping her eyes and curtly walking up the stairs to the attic.

"Vos paulo timidi." (You little coward.) Draven scoffed. "I'll go talk to her. Terra, Draven, can you guys handle...him?" Kate said the last word as if it scalded her tongue, looking at Ophir scathingly. 

She went in the direction Ophelia had, and pushed the  attic door open to reveal the older woman outside the window, on the roof. The archer carefully sat next to her, not wanting to disturb her wife's thoughts. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kate broke the silence. 

"No." Ophelia curtly replied. 

"You want to talk about it, but just won't." The archer stated, raising an eyebrow. 

"Mhm," The huntress hummed, "That is quite right." 

"So I ask again; You wanna talk about it?" 

Ophelia sighed deeply, "Okay." She adjusted her feet and began her explanation.