eight | conversation

-EIGHT-

"Well, er..." Ophir struggled with his words as his sister's gaze travelled scathingly over him, making him shift uncomfortably in his seat. He knew that despite her loving him to no end, she wouldn't hesitate to atleast punch him till some body part of his broke.

"Let me make this easier, and we'll do this like a question-answer round, hm?" Ophelia raised an eyebrow, taking the dagger out of the table and spinning it nonchalantly between her fingers. "First question, why the bloody hell did you leave?"

"Because," Ophir shrugged, "Dad was going to sent me away, and I wasn't going to let that happen."

She slammed the dragger point-down on the table again, saying, "You have been bound by a blood oath, and you dare still lie? Tell me the goddamn truth, or I swear to god that I will drive this dagger through your hand."

"I AM telling the truth! I wanted out, okay?! I wanted to escape before I could be sent to that hell of an institution!" Ophir replied, still keeping his hands on the table.

"That's a pitiful excuse. Anyway, second question, why didn't you keep in contact, after repeatedly knowing how hard we were trying to find you?" Ophelia's jaw was clenched and her eyes were fixed on the man, glaring daggers at him.

"What kind of idiot goes on the run, and answers calls which can be tracked?" Ophir said, his lips curling in a frown.

Ophelia's fist clenched to the point where her knuckles turned whiter than they already were, as she tried not to stab him. "Don't answer a question with a question, Firos." She said, her voice tight with anger.

Ophir sighed, knowing that he'd messed up so badly, his usually calm and collected sister was mere seconds away from snapping and beating him into tomorrow. "Answer me, Ophir. My patience is running dangerously thin." Her sharp voice broke into his thoughts, bringing him back to reality.

"I just needed time, Lia." He curtly replied.

"Bullshit." She spat, glaring intensely at him. "You just didn't want to come back home."

"That is...right." He hesitantly admitted.

Ophelia said nothing, merely looked him in the eyes, their silver glow had vanished, replaced by stone cold grey. 'It only makes her scarier.' Thought Ophir.

"How do you think your sudden...magic act affected me?" She said, her voice a steady whisper.

"I..." His voice failed him, as he looked at the feelings which swirled behind her eyes like a dark cloud. Anger, sadness, betrayal. "You don't have an answer, do you?" She asked, her voice hoarse with trapped tears.

"I do not." He admitted, lowering his head in shame.

"Oh my god. Not only did you run away, you also did not think how it would affect you twin sister? The person who knew you inside out, your other half?" She asked, raising her voice slightly, making him flinch.

"I'm so sorry, Lia." He apologised, looking her in the eye. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear."

"You and Clint, one and the same. Both of you give shitty-ass apologies." She scoffed, standing up, her chair scraping against the floor. She leaned her palms against the table as she narrowed her eyes, "That day, before you left, we had so much fun, flying around on the dragon, bugging Asterin, everything we loved to do. Was that all your twisted
way of saying goodbye? Or did you do it because you just wanted to spend time with me?"

"It was a way of saying goodbye." He said, hesitantly.

"Oh, bloody hell!" She slammed her palms on the table, making the man flinch. "You disgusting, repulsive, lowlife of a brother!" She raised her voice a little more, "Do you have ANY idea how BROKEN I was when you left?! Do you...did you ever try to IMAGINE how AFRAID I was for you, when after three days of searching we couldn't find you?"

"Lia--"

"Don't you 'Lia', me! I didn't sleep for DAYS, because I was out in the woods, calling your name till my voice went hoarse, because I was so worried you were dead, that sleep seemed to be merely a distant thought!" Ophelia's eyes were flashing silver every now and then, and her words cut through Ophir like a knife. "Why did you come back, Firos? Why?" 

"Because I knew I'd been away too long. I heard about Ergo and I figured you'd need another mage to help." He said, looking her in the eye. 

Ophelia wiped the tears which were about to fall, and exhaled sharply, "Fine. That is a reasonable explanation for now. If you don't mind I am going to bed. You sleep here, on the couch. I need some time to think and process this stupid thing." 

Ophir nodded, "Okay. I understand." 

"Good. Now, goodnight, Ophir." She nodded curtly, before walking up the stairs.

She opened the door to her old bedroom to see Kate sitting on the bed, reading. The huntress smiled and walked over to her wife, before collapsing onto the bed, spread-eagled on her back. She held her arms up and pressed the back of her palms against her eyes as she whined, "He is insufferable!"

Kate looked at her, concern on her face as she said, "He's your brother, angel."

"Yeah. Which makes this situation twenty times more IRRITATING." The older woman groaned, letting her hands slump to her sides.

"You just have to be patient, honey. Everything's gonna work out." Smiled Kate, putting her book away.

"I do hope so. I'm going to be very cross if it doesn't." Ophelia sighed.

Just as she stood to get changed for bed, both women heard a loud crash from below, followed by screams of utter terror from the rest of the house.

"That's not good." Kate said, her face slack with fear.

"When is a scream like that ever good?" Ophelia sighed, summoning her sword before running down the stairs.

---
Me: Is this--is this an update?
My brain: Yes.
Me: But isn't it a bit short-?
My brain: it's FINE. Stfu and post it.

(10 comments, loves. Pleaseeee)