~☾ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ☽~

~*☾ 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫-𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫-𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 ☽*~

The moonlight cascaded over the inky lake, creating silver threads, that weaved in and out, shimmering like diamonds and as delicate as silk. The gentle summer's breeze creating an aura, that brought a sense of deja vu upon the single figure, that stood upon the bank. 

She was dressed in a simple white dress, her long, wavy hair cascading down her back and stopping just below her waist. The tender breeze gently caressing her cheeks and playing with her hair. She was standing without movement, she forgot about the world surrounding her. If we were just passersby at that exact moment, we would've thought she was either a ghost, a statue, or an angel- and in all honesty, she was a little of both.

She looked ethereal in the moon's halo, almost as if she didn't belong to this world. The fact that she was standing there all alone and looking upon the lake wasn't strange to mere onlookers, it was the fact, that she could stand like that for hours on end, not moving, not laughing, hardly breathing.

What they didn't know though, was that when it got quiet and the people would go back to their homes, she would cease standing and sit with her toes in the water. It was just that she would look at the moon's glow, the lake, the waves, feel the breeze on her- and she'd forget she was standing in the first place, she'd go to another world.

She never remembered her thoughts, she'd suddenly just get dragged back to reality and realise she was standing again, as if waiting for something- but she never knew what. 

People would say that she was out of her mind, that she had witnessed something she never wanted to talk about, or just went insane after a certain event. The real reason though, was that she was so awe-struck by the beauty of such simple things, like the moon, the water, the stars

Oh how she loved the stars.

That she'd forget of everything around her, she'd lose track of time, she'd revel in the beauty and simplicity of it all. She prefered the dark, sunsets, stars and late-night drives- those were the things she enjoyed above all, yet she had no-idea why. She didn't know what her love of the dark was called, but she didn't really mind.

It was apart of her in a way.

The girl sat down- dipped her feet in the icy, murky waters of the lake- and smiled. Oh how she loved the stars that would shine bright all the time, they were in some sort of way her guardian angels- they would shine at night, where her eyes would admire them for eternity, but they would also shine in the day, hidden behind cotton wool clouds and blinded by the sun's golden rays, but they were there nevertheless. And they would give her the courage she needed, she knew that they were looking at her, like invisible ghosts that would be there to help her out.

She was admiring the glistening diamonds above her, the constellations, the milkyway. She took out her book of greek myths and a small lantern with fairy lights inside and began reading, with each myth she tried to find the constellation. 

She was sat there, peaceful and calm- enjoying herself as she got lost in yet another myth and tried to find the constellations along whilst she read- when suddenly a thunderclap woke her out of her bliss.

The girl looked up, yet no clouds were to be seen anywhere- she shrugged it off.

Probably just some kids messing around with firecrackers. She thought.