~☾ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ☽~

~*☾ 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 ☽*~

The soft sound of classical music drifted through the house, mixing with the smell of fresh lavender, ink and parchment, which lay upon an oak desk. The girl that sat at it was dressed in a simple mint green dress, her hair tied back with a matching ribbon. The sleek, blonde - almost white- hair trickled down her back lazily.

The girl- well, actually woman- smiled to herself and her sky blue eyes glimmered with happiness. 

Today was the day she thought to herself, her smile so wide that her teeth were out on display. She scribbled down the last remaining words onto her parchment and blew on it to help it dry faster, so as to not let it smudge. 

Oh how she couldn't wait to be free. Free like a bird, free like the ocean, free like the wind. Like the stars upon the night sky that would shine on and on and on forever and when they would burn out they would create another galaxy with billions and billions of new stars in it, that would burn out eventually and create new galaxies and so on and so on for eternity.

She sometimes wished she could be a star like one of the many she would see and gaze and admire every night before going to sleep.

But she knew that wouldn't happen- ever.

Until today.

Because today her parents had announced to her some very important news, which were unquestionably and undeniably the only way to her freedom, and although she may of not liked what they said at the beginning, she knew it was the only way to escape the horrible and boring reality that was her life.

One way or the other it was inevitable what was to come, but she couldn't of cared less- for if she where to do what they had told her she would gain freedom. And hopefully get the hell away from her overly strict parents which were never satisfied with anything she did.

The deal was that if she were to marry a man of either her parent's choice or one of the men they would let her choose from, she would be free to do whatever she wished to, no more weekly dinners, no more curfew, no more etiquette with her mother, no more criticism from her mother or father at every given opportunity- just she, her home, husband and whatever she wanted to do.

It was a golden deal coming from her parents, yet the thing that was horrible and utterly ridiculous was the fact she had to pick a husband from one of the many candidates her parents would throw her way. It was medieval, but what other choice did she have?

No university, no school finished, home schooling and end of highschool exams weren't enough for a good job, if she ever defied them she would be left on the street, cold, homeless and without a penny to survive- as cowardly as it sounded in her opinion, she didn't want to ruin her chances of a good- hopefully happy- life.

Maybe she could get divorced? 

No, that wouldn't pass.

She could run away with some money and clothes and stuff and live somewhere else?

Yeah, where? You don't even know how to drive.

She could try and make a proposal to her parents about letting her pick her husband not just from the candidates they'd like her to marry? Say that they'll give her three months or something like that and when the time is up she'll suck it up and pick from who they choose? 

Nahhh, that wouldn- but- maybe? 

A spark of hope lit her up from the inside and gave her motivation to try and somehow get out of this situation. She was always the romantic type, wishing to hold hands, share her first kiss with the one and live a happy life in a cosy home, watching her kids laugh and explore the world freely not the way she had to.