I JUST WANT ONE RING FROM YOU (Simu Liu and I)

One of the saddest days of my life.

I was devastated. Could not sleep and even with my friends holding me together, I could not stop talking about what happened.

My loyal friend Colin passed away. He was a rottie, 12 years old, and he had the best life he could have. I always knew that our dogs are going to die... But not in such a way.

He died on Sunday. Monday I had to go to work anyway. And I was not able to work at all.

One of my friends from work, Florence, told me to take some rest after job.
- Fer, your red eyes are killing me.
- I know but... I can't stop crying, you know!
- I understand how Colin was important in your life. I saw him as a puppy! He was a special dog! But you must let him go now...
- I don't have nothing and no one else to care about. What should I do now, Flo?
- I think you need to rest while you listen to this.
- What's this? - Florence gave me her old iPod Nano and said that I could use it for a while.
- It's entertainment. You know, here in LA that's all they are talking about!
- What an iPod has to do with Super Bowl?
- Huh, you must listen to it before saying something else. Now I gotta go get some training. Bye!

I am a huge fan of music. Florence gave her iPod for a reason and I think she was being a good friend. So I got the phones on and started to listen to the music.

It started with a very familiar song to me: The Next Episode, from Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg. That made me smile a little bit! I started to sing while I was leaving the building for some fresh air. I didn't even got my smartphone because it has some pictures of Colin and I would not handle it.

When I was going downstairs I saw a chinese man, very sad but furious at the same time. I could not stop looking because I never saw him before and I started to worry.
- Huh, such a loser! He will not have a chance against me! See, girl? - I was listening to another song while he was talking to me.
- Excuse me? - I said.
- Oh, sorry, I didn't see you were out of here.
- It's fine... I am going upstairs anyway.
- Hey, girl. I am sorry. I didn't mean to bother you. Can I pay a coffee to you?
- I am not into coffee, I am sorry.
- A cup of cappuccino then? - His eyes caught me.
- Okay, if you insist...
- Alright, I am Simu. It's not a familiar name but I am from China. And you?
- Fernanda. I am from Brazil. Nice to meet you, Simu.

My boss just caught me and Simu chatting. He went to say something to me.
- Hey Fernanda. I am sorry about your pet! You can grab your things and go! You have some extra hours, I can give you a discount. Okay?
- Thank you so much! I will grab my things later okay?
- Oh, no problem. Get some rest girl.

Simu just heard everything and felt sorry for me somehow.
- Oh... I am so sorry for your loss.
- It's okay Simu, it's fine.
- I know it's not. - he grabbed my hand in a cute way, but I could not reply back - Hey, since you are not in a good mood, why don't we take this coffee later? Oh, and you can chat with me on Instagram. It's easy to follow me.
- Thank you, Simu. I will remember that. - He smiled me back and oh, that made me somehow speechless. He found a way to cheer me up and I was so out of my mind that I could not think properly.

I got my stuff and while I was leaving, Simu was going upstairs. He stopped me once again.
- It's Simu Liu on Instagram. I forgot.
- Alright. I will talk to you later okay? Bye!
- Bye, handsome.
He just left me with this and I was without any word to say.
I got the Uber and went home.

It was sad to see Colin's stuff all over the place. I started to grab a few things and left into a donation box. But where would I donate that? I don't know where there is a pet shop here. Maybe Florence or my BFF Lewis could help me but I don't know. After I finished it, I had to clean up the room where he was all the time, but I could not do anything because I saw one photo of him with my late dad. I just wanted to die.
- Why am I suffering this pain? I don't deserve it! Please God! I am gonna-