Waking up

Nyx's Point of View

I opened my eyes to darkness. A dark void of emptiness that engulfed everything.
"Is that it then?" I asked myself thinking I'd finally been killed. I knew it was going to happen someday although I would have liked to say goodbye to Sirius and Remus. I found out about my friends being paid to be friends with me just before the summer break started so the only people who would've missed me are them. I had thought the afterlife would be more exciting. More souls meeting their loved ones, more celebrations, somewhere to watch down on those still alive as it not their time yet. I can't help but wonder was it really my time to die in that moment. Dying as a broken, beaten innocent child by my overweight vicious abuser just when my life could have been looking up. Sirius had just been released from Azkaban due to minister fudge seeing him help defeat the death eaters in the department of mysteries and nearly fall into the veil of death. Sirius had asked me to live with him once he had approval from his mind healer, which he didn't especially need but Remus decided as the dominant in the relationship that he would be going to so help him recover from the effects Azkaban had on his mind. I could have finally had a proper family. A proper family. That would have been nice.
The tears streamed silently down my face as I thought about what could have been.
"I could have been loved but sadly it was never meant to be." I thought as the darkness around me began to fade away into light.

I blinked quickly watching as the blurs in my vision began to clear. Taking in my surroundings I could see I was in a medium sized room laid out on the softest double bed I've ever felt. The mattress underneath felt like a cloud so soft and relaxing like all my worries could just fade away. The room it's self has plain white ceilings, a beige coloured walls with different flower pattens around the edge beautifully intertwined. I could make out the lilies and it made me think if I'm dead then can I see my mother now.
A quiet knock on the door drew me from my thoughts and I carefully brought my attention to focus only on the door. The sound came again along with a quiet voice that sounded rather familiar to me.
"Are you awake?" The voice said quietly as if trying not to wake me.
"Yes who's there?" I questioned I was starting to wonder if I'm not really dead. This all seemed a bit too normal for it to be the afterlife. Did someone save me then? Sirius maybe? But if I'm alive then why doesn't anything hurt. I remember waiting for the clock to turn to midnight so I could wish myself happy birthday like I do every year but then I felt the single worst pain I'd ever felt in my life. It was like my bones were shifting, breaking then reforming as my body tried to burn itself from the inside out. I remember screaming and Vernon coming in but how did I get here
"It's Sirius.Can I come in?" The quiet voice who I can now recognise as Sirius asked. I've never heard him this quiet before.
"Is it just you" I ask. I need to get some answers but I really don't want to meet anyone new.
"There are a few other people but it can just be me if you want." Sirius states calmly. This is really a new side of Sirius I'm seeing. Maybe the side I saw before was the result of Azkaban I meant you can't really afford to be vulnerable in Azkaban or on the run and from what I read a submissive in major distress but with no nearby dominant they trust to help can try to force themselves into a dominant personality to try to keep them from acting vulnerable.
"Remus is here too if you him to come in" Sirius continued
"Just you and Moony please" I replied if Sirius didn't mention anyone else outside then I probably don't know them very well or at all.
"Alright Cub were coming in" Remus says as he opens the door and he and Sirius enter closing the door behind them.
He was starting to feel really confused why were Sirius and Remus acting so cautious around him and where even was he in the first place.
"Where am I?" I ask Sirius, who's hands are moving slightly impatiently by his sides like he wants to do something but is stopping himself
"Gringotts infirmary Pup" Sirius answers as he slowly approaches the foot of the bed I was lying in.
I don't know why but I really wanted them both to come closer so I open my arms to the side for Sirius to hug me if he wanted to. I never ask for physical affection even though I want to but I know Sirius is a very affectionate person so he likely won't deny me.
Sirius approached quickly with his hands raised in the air trying to appear as non-threatening as possible as he leant down, circling both arms around the middle of my body and placing my neck in the crook of his neck where one hand came up to play with my hair slightly. I flinched a bit on first contact but soon relaxed in his hold. It felt so nice and made me feel much calmer and safer than I did before.
"What happened Siri?" I asked confused
"How did I get here?"
Remus decided to answer "you went through your inheritance last night but it got interrupted by that man so your magic sent out a distress signal for your mates to help you." He explained quickly
"Do you remember in those books I got for you that explained about the different inheritances and the types of mates you can have" Sirius added not letting go of the hug
"Yeah I remember" he bought me a few different books that explained the differences between dominants and submissives and how the general bias against submissives is wrong.
"Do you remember the part about a submissive being able to call out for their dominants when in distress" Sirius continued
"I think I do. So I'm a submissive and I called for my dominants during my inheritance when Vernon attacked me. Is that right?" I summarised for them.
"Yes that's right and your main dominant brought you here for treatment....." Sirius started
"Wait main dominant? How many dominants do I have?" I asked completely confused the most dominants I've heard of people having was 2 and that was Fred and George with their submissive
"The amount of dominants a submissive needs is directly tied to how much magic a submissive has and how badly they need protection or crave safety" Sirius stated before continuing "your magic is really quite strong and because of your childhood you have 4 dominant mates" he finished looking up from the hug into his sons eyes.
"How many mates do you have Siri?" I asked if those were the requirements for the amount of mates you have then I would have thought Sirius would have had more
"I have 3 including Remus. I had thought the other 2 were dead but after I did an inheritance test earlier I found out that they are still alive but have been taken by someone" Sirius looked sad. It must be very painful to lose a mate, grieve for a mate and then find out that all this time someone had kidnapped them.
"Who were they?" I asked Sirius, who looked at me silently.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to ask. I won't ask again. I'm sorry please don't hurt me" I immediately took Sirius' silence for him being mad at me for asking the question and in my fear I quickly went back into old habits even though Sirius has never hurt me in his life and I trust that he never would. I struggled against Sirius' hug and instantly moved away from him once he let go curling into a ball and using my arms to block my face.
"Woah! Calm down Cub" Remus says but I'm too caught up in my own panic that I couldn't calm down. Chest heaving as I struggle to take in enough air vaguely in the distance I could hear Sirius' voice calling something but I wasn't sure what

Then suddenly the door to the room was smashed open just managing to stay on its hinges as it hit the wall behind it. A vague figure ran in taking it's place in front of me. I couldn't make out who it was that had just run in. Within seconds I was curled up in as a wolf cub, but I couldn't afford to think about that now, with the hand of the figure running it's self soothingly down my back and I could hear it whispering promises in my ear
"It's ok. Everything's alright" it was a man's voice. It had to be but I couldn't work out who exactly it could be
"No-one going to hurt you"
"Your perfectly safe now I'm going to protect you" as the words continued I could feel myself calming down immensely
'I'll never let anyone hurt you again" this sounded more like a promise.
Once I was calm enough, I opened my eyes for the second time that day to see the mysterious man.
"Are you okay?" He asked once he noticed my eyes were looking at him
"I'm okay" I was a lot calmer and felt quite safe in his hold a lot like I did with Sirius but better. Maybe this person is one of my mates I thought as my eyes began to shift closed. Panic attacks take a lot more out of you than you realise.
"That's good. My name is Theo and I'm one of your mates." That's all I managed to hear before I drifted of back to sleep in the arms of one of my mates thinking if this was how it held being with one mate imagine how it felt being with all four.I can't wait to meet them all.