Divergence III

Jack had heard the term in passing.

Tabula Smaragdina and Ulbert Alain Odle had both stopped by the Hidden Tower to pick up Lumière on a farming binge. The three were huddled around a bubbling cauldron that Lumière was prepping to brew for a few hours.

"Did you watch it?" Tabula had asked.

Lumière made a disgusted noise. "I couldn't. The picture freaked me out."

Ulbert laughed, a small smiley face popped up above him. "But it's a classic!"

"Still gross!" Lumière had said. "I listened to a review about it and just hearing second hand... urgh. Stitching their mouths to their... butts... urgh. And eating the—urgh!"

Ulbert and Tabula laughed, little faces spamming over their heads: XD / :D

"If you couldn't sit through Human Centipede, you definitely won't make it through Metamorphosis."

"Boo."

Human Centipede.

A human centipede?

What an intriguing concept. It was one that had interested the undead ever since he heard it. He hadn't been able to indulge his curiosity until recently. How fortunate that he had an excess of parts to use.

Jack had (so far) kidnapped a little over fifty humans between the Roble Holy Country and the Slane Theocracy. Ten of which he had given to Demiurge as a bribe to use the demon's private dungeons so Jack could avoid Neuronist.

Jack tended to kidnap human women that dared to strike a resemblance to his angel. He abhorred the idea of humans making a mockery over her. There were some exceptions, of course. Humans a hair cleverer than most, or perhaps sturdier than anticipated he'd take. He knew Demiurge had a fondness for outwitting opponents, and there were a few humans Jack found that he thought would amuse the demon.

In general, however, he had a special hatred for those who mocked his darling. The more they resembled her, the darker his ire.

Jack was nothing if not pragmatic. He did not kidnap them only to torture. He had thoughts, ideas, interests, and those wretched things made excellent case studies.

For example, could he make a human centipede?

Probably.

Only one way to know definitively. He had to test it.

One evening he selected thirteen women for his experiment. From what he remembered, the human centipede was meant to have their mouths stitched to their anuses. When Jack went to do exactly that, he found that the human mouth was not inherently flexible enough to succeed.

Therefore, he dislocated their jaws and cut their mouths open. He shattered the bones in their faces, then used magic to force it to regrow and heal in a position better suited for his desire.

Jack knew that human stomachs weren't designed to digest fecal matter, and so he ripped out their guts and replaced it with the organs of bug-monsters that feasted upon filth.

A few of them died in the process.

He resurrected them. One lucky soul accidentally turned to ash in the resurrection process, which Jack took note of.

That was fine. He had plenty of extras.

Next, he moved to their limbs. The humans were forced to crawl around on their hands and knees, neither of which were strong enough to continuously support that position. He took out their knee caps and replaced it with the carcasses of the bug monsters he previously used. Their hands, he decided to—for the moment—leave as is. Human fingers were such delicate things, so easily broken...