Part 17

Wednesday 10:22 PM

Two Moscow mules and Joy was ready to leave. She practically pulled me out the door. I was not in any shape to drive myself, and she offered no resistance to walking. She was fairly quiet on the walk back to the warehouse but held my hand the whole way. It was pleasant and natural and made me want to get back, get ready for bed and fall into her arms. I couldn't let that happen, though.

I walked her to the door and told her I would hook up the trailer and get ready for bed myself.

"Can I see it?"  She asked casually.

"Tonight?"

"Yes, tonight."

"How about you give me a few minutes to unhitch it from the Cruiser and hook everything up. There's not even any power now.  That thing's been baking in the sun all day."  

She relented but said she would get ready for bed and then come and see it. I told her I would come to get her. I figured if it took long enough, she might fall asleep, and I wouldn't have to smell her perfume or look at her lips or feel the warm skin of her hands on me. She couldn't hold her alcohol. She would be asleep as soon as she settled down.

I couldn't have been more wrong. I had finished leveling the camper after unhitching it from the Cruiser. The water line and power were both hooked up, and the air-conditioner was running on high.  I was inside digging through totes to get some clean clothes when I heard a tapping on the door. I yelled for her to come in and boy did she ever.

"You need someone to tuck you in?" She said softly as she stepped inside the small space.

I turned, and "Hi," was all I could come out with.

Joy had changed into light pink pajamas, the shirt cut mid-drift, which was the first time I saw her belly button ring. She saw me look her over; she could read my mind, and there was no doubt about it. I didn't get another word out before she moved to me, held my face, kissed me softly at first, then pulled away, pushed me against the camper wall, and kissed me again, more forcefully the second time. I admit it; I was totally unprepared.

I was enjoying the feel of her tongue in and out of my mouth, the way she sucked on my bottom lip, and the sound of her breath as if she had to force it out in sudden bursts

I was enjoying the feel of her tongue in and out of my mouth, the way she sucked on my bottom lip, and the sound of her breath as if she had to force it out in sudden bursts. I ran my hands around her waist and up the back of her soft cotton shirt, her hair brushing the backs of my hands as she moved. I pressed her closer. I wanted to feel her but then remembered my plan. I tried to back away, moving slightly down the wall, but she sensed it and pushed herself forward, and in an instant, we fell clumsily onto the folded-out bed. We both laughed, but there she was, right on top of me. It wasn't the worst feeling in the world.

It was then I chose to try and slow her down.

"Joy, wait for a second, please."

She stopped and moved to my side, resting her head on my shoulder as we lay there.