Chapter 9

"What do you mean, heard about? People can't just talk about it like that. And what did you hear?"

"People just joking about how 049 likes you"

Play dumb...

"Collin, That's not-"

"Oh come on, have many times now have you been together and he saved your life"

"Okay?"

"He even said he liked you"

"Where did you hear that? All he said was that he enjoyed being around me or something..."

"Yeah... he likes you"

No!

"Shut up"

The doors opened and you started walking through the hall. But you stopped.

"Dr. Y/N? What is it-"

049 was standing in the distance. It was almost impossible that he was even there.

049 turned around, immediately staring at Collin.

"The pestilence"... Does Collin allegedly have it? Crap...

It seemed that 049 hadn't even noticed you yet. 

He rushed forward and you jumped in front of and push Collin out of the way. Gun pointed straight at 049.

" Back off"

049 was stunned at first," I must cure him".

" No, you're going to keep your hands where I can see them and back up"

Collin stayed silent.

" Run! Go get help!"

Collin wasted no time.

You were partially surprised but thankful 049 listened to you.

" Dr. Y/N... I know you won't shoot me"

"Oh Yeah?" you said as you shot the ground.

He's probably mad about what you said earlier. Probably, no... he is.

It was mostly silent between the two of you. What were you going to do until someone else got there?

You were shaking a bit, the minutes felt like hours. And you were a little scared about what 049 might do.

Something told you he was about to move...

" Stay right there!"

You heard a crash from the hall, despite not wanting to, you turned your head. But saw pretty much nothing.

You turned back to 049, he was gone. Shi-

Suddenly you felt someone grab you and the gun. 

" Hey! Let me go!"

" Calm down, Doctor"

The gun was now across the room, you didn't know what to do. If you tried to move his grip only got tighter.

One of his hands was held in front of your face with the music box in it.

" Give it back!"

" You know, there are some good memories surrounding this little box of yours"

You weren't taking this, this isn't the time for a conversation.

With as much force as you could, you kicked him and threw yourself forward. Almost landing on your face.

You heard the box hit the floor. Sure you kind of made it happen but... he was technically the one who broke it. Oh... You're gonna kill him.

Thankfully, others had finally got there. And... Connor?!

" Y/N? Are you alright?"

" Connor? You're gonna get hurt, why are you-"

" I overheard them and-"

" You two need to go immediately, we will deal with 049," a guard said.

Connor nodded and you barely had time to grab the music box before he dragged you off.