8 Past

Part 8 Past

Arnav and Khushi were in the same agitation. Something that happened in their past kicked their mind. It was not the same situation but completely different from one another. But their feelings were the same... their emotions were the same... Inner turmoil was the same... They could not hold themselves from drowning in the past.

Though they have traveled in different paths their paths connected in a particular point that they didn't know. Thus it's time to unfold the cover...

Seven years ago

Khushi was getting ready for her wedding with a lot of expectations. She was just nineteen years old at that time. She just completed her schooling. She belongs to a middle-class, conservative family. She was liked by RICH family members. They wanted her to become their Bahu. They asked her hand for their son. Khushi's parents happily agreed to the marriage as they didn't want dowry from Khushi. Khushi's parents believed that they liked Khushi very much. That's why they were ready to accept her as their Bahu. So Khushi's parents readily agreed to the wedding.

The wedding got over. Khushi came to her in-laws. She was surprised to see a big bungalow. She could not believe she was going to live in the bungalow. Her husband's sister Shilpa welcomed her, circling thali.

"Welcome, Khushi" Shilpa's husband Kunal said smiling.

Khushi was sent to her husband's room. She was waiting in his room for him. She saw him coming. Khushi's nervousness touched its peak. After all, she was a small girl...

"What are you waiting for? Go to sleep" her husband Aditya said.

Khushi looked at him bewildered. She was said by her elderly neighbors how the first night would be. But nothing happened like what she heard. She lay on the bed changing her dress. She thought her husband was tired and sleepy. But he didn't sleep for long. She was scared to even talk to him. She didn't know what to talk about. As she was tired, she drifted into sleep.

Khushi woke up from her sleep and saw her husband still sleeping. She went to the washroom and came, taking bath.

"Khushi, get ready," Shilpa said

"For what Didi?"

"You will get to know that soon" she smiled.

Khushi thought she is going to surprise her. What she guessed was right but not in the way she thought. Khushi got ready.

"Shall we go?" Shilpa asked.

Khushi nodded yes. Shilpa, Kunal, and Aditya's mother Heera got seated in the car. Khushi looked behind expecting her husband to join them. But he had not seen in there. Kunal started the car.

"Khushi, do you know where are we going?" Shilpa asked.

Khushi nodded no.

"We are going to the hospital"

"Hospital? But why?" Khushi asked.

"Just for a general check"

"But, I'm alright..."

"Of course, we are also... It's our family's custom..."

"Oh..."

The car stopped in front of the hospital. Khushi saw the hospital board and asked,

"What's mean by FERTILITY, Didi?"

"It's hospital's name"

"Oh..."

Much more tests were taken for Khushi. A doctor and a nurse were with her all the time. Don't know why they were looking at her pitifully. Khushi smiled at them.