Preface

I'm not gonna make you read the first two chapters. Basically, the Olympians heard Gandalf's moth, and with it knew Sauron was rising. They sent three Big Three kids to Middle-earth, to protect the hobbits to Rivendell and possibly beyond. No help, as usual, but Chiron was given leave to tell them a few things they would soon forget.

These were probably the first things I ever wrote in type, and I cringe thinking about them, as well as most of the chapters in this story.
They make me happy though, with the memories of creating them, and apparently they made a few other people happy, too, so I'll re-post them, on my new account, as a memory and tribute to my past. I only wrote a few chapters, and I never had a plotline except for that of LotR, and a want to bring more of the books into the story; make it near canon with the books.

Perhaps I'll finish this story. Add a plot,  get to know the characters better, think a lil' more about Tolkien's world. It'll only ever be practice, though.

But that's what art is. I'll never make a story, or drawing, or poem that I'll always think perfect. Art is messy. It takes practice. You'll never get it right. But that's the beauty of it: art is progress. It's constantly in a state of change. And it's always imperfect.

Maybe that's why it's so beautiful: it's so similar to us. ;P

Anyway, I hope not to leave you hangin', but it might be inevitable.
Sometimes the foundation of a story is so flawed that you can't build on top of it. Without it all crumbling, that is.

And that's okay, I'm learning.

Because from ruins of stories come insights and ideas, and you learn what you couldn't have before. Maybe that's where the idea of a phoenix came from; beauty rising from ashes. There's another story, right there! Lol.

And adoption could always be an option. ;P

I'll probably update this once a fortnight. Feel free to ping me if I haven't updated by then!

Anyway, here it is:

Feb. 2022