I: An Unexpected Quest (skip. They have a quest, yay! Yes, that was sarcasm.)

title

Ugh. Please don't read this chapter. Perce, Niks, & Thals are issued the quest. Maybe I'll rewrite this one day, but I don't feel creative enough right now.

I am not Rick Riordan, Disney Hyperion or Middle-Earth Enterprises, therefore I don't own PJO, HOO, or LotR. I do, however, own my storyline, my portrayal of the characters, my writings and quotes, and take responsibility for such.

The moment Percy arrived at camp he found Chiron galloping to meet him. "Meet me in the Big House. I'll Iris Message Nico."

Huh.

As Percy trudged up the hill he spotted the shadows under the eaves of the blue building condensing until they solidified into the pale figure of Nico Di Angelo. They walked in together.

"You know what's up?"

"Nah."

They entered together to find, to their surprise, Thalia, sulking and skulking at the ping-pong table. "What's up, Thals?" Percy asked.

"Quest." was all she would say.

Chiron clopped in. "Ah. Everyone's here."

"The head counselors aren't coming, sir?"

"No. They will be notified later. The Olympians have issued a quest to the three of you." Chiron proceeded to give them a short overview of middle-earth and the history of the One Ring. "...The ring-bearer's name is Frodo and he will be traveling with three others of his kind. You must protect him at all costs and ensure his quest succeeds."

wc: 163