Prologue: A Plee for Help (ΑΘΗΝΑ pov)

title

I am not Rick Riordan, Disney Hyperion or Middle-Earth Enterprises, therefore I don't own PJO, HOO, or LotR. I do, however, own my storyline, my portrayal of the characters, my writings and quotes, and take responsibility for such.

     "Help!" The plee had been sent long ago, but the Olympians received the message late, and even then there was much "deliberation" as to a decision.

"Poseidon's child may be the greatest male demigod." Artemis said, grimacing. "Likely the best suited for the job."

The twelve sat on their thrones, deliberating.

"That is out of the question!" Poseidon roared, "I am not sending my son out of this world, likely to never return. He has already been through two wars, and into Tartarus no less!"

He looked to the others for support, but Athena pounced.

"He is a great warrior." Athena agreed begrudgingly, as if he had never spoken. Perhaps this is my chance to get back at that coral-skulled fish brain.

"He is the first and best choice." decreed Zeus with a self-satisfied smirk, earning a glare from his brother. "Now we must choose others."

"Excuse me?!"

Hades made himself known. "If Posy's son goes, he will need mine to keep him in check!"
"I never agreed to my son going!"

"The children of the Big Three! Let Thalia also come and we shall lend the most physically powerful trio. Middle-Earth will need them if Sauron is truly rising. You know that he will only hunger for more power if he conquers one world. We could hardly withstand him with his Ring. Better to abolish him now while he is weakened and searching." Change the subject, and they will forget I said only physically. Obviously Annabeth would be a prime choice, but Athena wouldn't send her daughter off into the blue, likely never to be seen again, as has been duly noted. Very dully, Athena thought, shooting a glance at Poseidon.

Artemis was outraged. "Thalia is not going!" a worried frown crossed her face, "She is my lieutenant and has her own responsibilities!"

"This is her responsibility. My," with a pointed glance, "daughter will go." Zeus countered. "It is settled. Perseus Jackson, Nico Di Angelo and Thalia Grace shall be sent to Middle-earth. The King has spoken." He glared around the room, daring any to challenge his authority. Thunder rumbled outside sealing the deal, or maybe threatening those who would dare meet his gaze.

They wouldn't be willing to start a war for their children.

wc: 378